• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • October the 12th 2004 I posted the first post here on this forum. 20 years have passed. Thank you for being such a good group of people and for hanging around. More here in this thread. All the best from Santiago, Ivar
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Afflicted

Bob Howard

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2024
Did my 5th CF this past June. After the first two (2016 & 2018), I felt like that was enough. Then a few years later in 2021 I thought well maybe one more in 2022. When I got back from that one, I thought that's it--that's plenty for me. But about 6 weeks after returning I found myself thinking about it wistfully and starting to plan the next one, which was 2023. When I returned from that one, I remember thinking now I have finally, really had enough Camino. About six weeks after returning from that one, I started thinking about another one and did it again--2024. When I got back this year, I thought that five Caminoes was more than enough, and I would most certainly not be doing any more. Six weeks later I started thinking about . . . well, you know. Just tonight I was working on my 2025 itinerary. I'm sure 2025 will finally will be enough . . .

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
You aquired the acute Camino-Syndrome 😂

I walked the CF in 2019, the CP from Porto in 2023 and will return for the first third of the CF in 2025.
There is no cure but to walk!

Have fun!
In that case, I suggest "Chronic Camino Syndrome (CCS)" as a better nomenclature to describe the "condition."

Did my 5th CF this past June. After the first two (2016 & 2018), I felt like that was enough. Then a few years later in 2021 I thought well maybe one more in 2022. When I got back from that one, I thought that's it--that's plenty for me. But about 6 weeks after returning I found myself thinking about it wistfully and starting to plan the next one, which was 2023. When I returned from that one, I remember thinking now I have finally, really had enough Camino. About six weeks after returning from that one, I started thinking about another one and did it again--2024. When I got back this year, I thought that five Caminoes was more than enough, and I would most certainly not be doing any more. Six weeks later I started thinking about . . . well, you know. Just tonight I was working on my 2025 itinerary. I'm sure 2025 will finally will be enough . . .
You may want to seek treatment for this obvious addiction. The problem is . . . who do I refer you to? Chuck

No such thing ‘enough caminos’ ! I walked 4 and I’m resisting to the call of the fifth… or not. 🙃

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I know the feeling.

No such thing ‘enough caminos’ ! I walked 4 and I’m resisting to the call of the fifth… or not. 🙃
I agree - no such thing as 'enough camino'! I have walked 8 times, 2011-2018 mostly on the CF - and now that the Camino has opened up again, 'the call' has returned.

I have already defined on my yearly plans that I will do at least 3 caminos (or part of one camino) a year. Or any other long hike.
It’s been working like that since 2021 and I literally live my life waiting for the next camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ditto, every time I suffer from horrible, debilitating blisters which blight my time, quickly forget the pain after a few weeks and the planning recommences! Have walked some long distance, multi day hikes at home in Scotland which were amazing.....not our wonderful Camino, I plan to retire there one day 🤞😂

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Perhaps a helpful tip. Leaving Saint Jean Pied de Port until say Puente La Reina or Estella, your backpack is finally packed and arranged properly for daily use, feels good on your back, your...
Well friends, I can happy and proudly said that I'll start my sixth time volunteering in St. John the Babtist albergue in Gañon from next October the16th, to October the 31th. If you decided to...
Does anybody have any experience with Huellas del Pelegrino in Porto-marin? Lone pilgrim, i am a bit anxious about sleeping top bunk. Recommendations accepted. Thank you.
Anyone been to this one and have comments on it? https://alberguessantabrigida.com/albergue-san-bol/ No neighbors, 260 meters south of the francés, turn off about 4½ kilometers east of Hontanas...
In 2023 I walked the CF from SLPDP. In 2024 I walked the Vía de la Plata from Seville. For 2025 I was/am going to walk the next logical option - the Camino Portuguese. Seeing something different...
Did my 5th CF this past June. After the first two (2016 & 2018), I felt like that was enough. Then a few years later in 2021 I thought well maybe one more in 2022. When I got back from that one, I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back