Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodations as bad as Booking.com shows ???

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Booking . com does not show all availability.

Only those places that choose to be on their platform. Many don't. (due to the fees)
And if accommodation venues use the platform, they usually don't show all the beds. They would prefer to sell direct.

I usually use Gronze and make direct contact via whatsapp.
Though sometimes might use booking . com for convenience.

Also, many venues only put up availability a few weeks in advance.
So if you look too far out, you will see nothing available.
Again, they would rather sell direct, only putting beds/rooms on Booking as the dates draw near.

Pros and Cons of using these sites..........

Doing a reservation search Gronze/booking.com, everything from Saint John to Pamplona full rest of 2024 season and to August 2025.... Did booking.com have error or lose rights to accommodations?
A few things:

You're too early for many or most of them.
Booking relies on the owner/operator to fill in the calendar. Many proprietors in Spain don't open their Booking calendar very far in advance. It's not unusual for a lot of places to post openings for only the next 8 weeks or so. Anything later will show up on Booking as unavailable, even though almost no one has booked there yet.

Plenty of places only put some of their inventory on Booking
They often make less money through Booking. They see it as a trade off-- increased publicity vs less money. Some will go on Booking to get their business going, then drop out of Booking once they are established.

Blame your fellow Caminoists
Tons of people make multiple reservations for various reasons (Deciding between accommodations in same town; Not sure of possible stage length they can do yet etc) And it's awfully fun to spend time planning a route and trip and super easy to click and reserve something you *might* want. Problem is, you just took away something someone might need.

This REALLY hurts the proprietors-- who often have "full" but essentially fake reservations but can't tell which is which. This is why many owners go away from Booking-- I'd say for that reason even more so than the % Booking charges.

Oh sure people will eventually cancel so they don't get tagged for money, but the proprietor all of a sudden has a bunch of openings with no people to fill them.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Doing a reservation search Gronze/booking.com, everything from Saint John to Pamplona full rest of 2024 season and to August 2025.... Did booking.com have error or lose rights to accommodations?
there really aren't that many places between SJPdP and Pamplona. Indeed, between SJ and Roncesvalles there are two places (maybe three), Roncesvalles and Zubiri fill fast. Then there's a handful of places in the smaller towns (Espinal, Larrasoaña...). as mentioned above, smaller places may not be taking bookings for 2025 yet. i doubt Orisson is, but not sure. Check Gronze for up to date listings of accommodations, some may not be on booking. good luck

The reasons for lack of availabilty on Booking . com have been covered.
If you can call directly, send a Whatsapp message etc, you'll find there are more beds.

But, out of curiosity I looked for next week (on booking) and found beds in St Jean, Espinal, Viscaret, Larrasoana....

It is sometimes the case that when you read about there being a lack of beds, what people really mean is, I can't find a bed in the exact place I want, of the type I want, at the price I want. A bit of flexibility is required sometimes, particularly in the early days.

But this early part of the Frances has some particular issues.

St Jean. Generally easy to book.
Orrison/Borda can book out a long time ahead and need to be contacted directly.
(Neither on booking site as far as I know)

If wanting to break up that first day, then Express Bourricot's Montain Shutle is the answer. Takes you back to St Jean.

Roncesvalles. A choke point in high season. (A few years ago local regulations reduced the number of beds allowed here)
But you can book direct.
The Hotel (apartments) are on Booking but not the Albergue.

Burgette, Espinal, Viscarret will often have beds. Some are on Booking.

Zubiri. Major choke point in high season. Book well ahead, or take a chance on non bookable Albergue beds. Or if you broke up the journey somewhere between Roncesvalles and Zubiri, walk on further than Zubiri.

Once you reach Pamplona the Pilgrims spread out and bed challenges generally reduce.
Though you should always be prepared.
If you come across a wave/surge of Pilgrims, that can happen at times, get off the wave!
Do a short day, long day, whatever....... to get away from them.

How many times do I end up staying somewhere, other than where I 'planned' to stay?
Quite often........ Though I generally only book 1 day ahead anyway.
(But ... on the Frances I would book as far as Pamplona at the outset)

Last edited:
A few things:

Booking relies on the owner/operator to fill in the calendar. Many proprietors in Spain don't open their Booking calendar very far in advance. It's not unusual for a lot of places to post openings for only the next 8 weeks or so. Anything later will show up on Booking as unavailable, even though almost no one has booked there yet.

They often make less money through Booking. They see it as a trade off-- increased publicity vs less money. Some will go on Booking to get their business going, then drop out of Booking once they are established.

Tons of people make multiple reservations for various reasons (Deciding between accommodations in same town; Not sure of possible stage length they can do yet etc) And it's awfully fun to spend time planning a route and trip and super easy to click and reserve something you *might* want. Problem is, you just took away something someone might need.

This REALLY hurts the proprietors-- who often have "full" but essentially fake reservations but can't tell which is which. This is why many owners go away from Booking-- I'd say for that reason even more so than the % Booking charges.

Oh sure people will eventually cancel so they don't get tagged for money, but the proprietor all of a sudden has a bunch of openings with no people to fill them.
Thank you KFH. I certainly can understand the situation for amazing people trying to keep up with the huge increase of pilgrims.
I have done parts of the camino since 2000, I have retired and now wish to do the complete Camino Frances. Hearing the accommodation issue increasing each year and need of reserving a bed becoming more a necessity. This has me looking to reserve the first 3 stages as well stages from Sarria.
As there are many on this forum actually on their way, my hope was to hear first hand. Buen Camino

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I have been booking for Porto to Santiago starting 8 September and found availability limited and expensive. Last walked it in 2018 and my expectations were clearly unrealistic

Another factor I have heard about is the day of the week you start in St Jean. Apparently if you start on a weekend, there is a major wave of other people starting as well, so if you can time your start date to a weekday you won't have as much competition. I have not confirmed this theory however:)

I've booked ahead for several reasons, two of which have to do with my night-time habits which are health-related and which I firmly believe should not be a burden to my peregrino comrades. I've also got a smattering of albergues in the mix, due to lack of alternatives and (in at least two cases) a genuine piquing of interest in the albergue itself. Fortunately for my fellow travellers, some of these albergues had private rooms as well, though I've got a few nights where I may be making fulsome apologies to my room-mates in the morning. Fingers crossed.

Of course, all this pre-booking means I'm inflexible as to itinerary, but flexible during an actual day (I don't have to rush to my next accomm and can do some diddling about). I've built in several "slow" days to give myself some rest after a particularly long slog, so there's that.

Out of curiosity, I re-checked some of the prices of accomms I booked several months ago, and sure enough, those that are still available are quoting much higher prices. It's a bit of a balancing act. :-/

If you can call directly, send a Whatsapp message etc, you'll find there are more beds.

But, out of curiosity I looked for next week (on booking) and found beds in St Jean, Espinal, Viscaret, Larrasoana....

It is sometimes the case that when you read about there being a lack of beds, what people really mean is, I can't find a bed in the exact place I want, of the type I want, at the price I want. A bit of flexibility is required sometimes, particularly in the early days.

If wanting to break up that first day, then Express Bourricot's Montain Shutle is the answer. Takes you back to St Jean.

Roncesvalles. A choke point in high season. (A few years ago local regulations reduced the number of beds allowed here)
But you can book direct.

Zubiri. Major choke point in high season. Book well ahead, or take a chance on non bookable Albergue beds. Or if you broke up the journey somewhere between Roncesvalles and Zubiri, walk on further than Zubiri.

Once you reach Pamplona the Pilgrims spread out and bed challenges generally reduce.
If you come across a wave/surge of Pilgrims, that can happen at times, get off the wave!

How many times do I end up staying somewhere, other than where I 'planned' to stay?
Bingo Bango well said

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Kikie, others have expressed same (to make contact directly). Booking.com has not been adequate. My hope was to obtain feedback from those on the way that are each day finding a bed. Was targeting Sept 23 yet reading information that even places that did not reserve beds have now booked up. I will attempt some direct requests, really worried the freedom of the way is being lost.

I have done parts of the camino since 2000, I have retired and now wish to do the complete Camino Frances. Hearing the accommodation issue increasing each year and need of reserving a bed becoming more a necessity. This has me looking to reserve the first 3 stages as well stages from Sarria.
As there are many on this forum actually on their way, my hope was to hear first hand. Buen Camino
That sounds like a good plan.
You don't say when you're doing your Camino. And you don't see what kind of accommodation you're looking for. All those things matter.

I got caught in a big wave in April 2024, right after Easter, but it was really only jammed between SJPP and Pamplona (even after Sarria was OK). I had the first three nights booked, but could not get a bed in Pamplona itself, so ended up staying on the outskirts. It was almost always crowded, but there were always albergue beds in Municipals after that. Off-stage helped.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well, that sure portrays an issue. 750km across Spain and no beds.
I’ve walked Agadir to Ouarzazate, similar distance. Definitely no beds.

@shawn67 you’ve bought into an illusion. As others have said Berking.con has no monopoly. Places that do not accept reservations are not fully booked, think about that. Really think about it.

For reasons that have been discussed endlessly on this forum September, the beginning of September is Wakes Week on the Camino Frances. Everybody flocks there for the peace and solitude. By 23rd September most will have reached Burgos or broken down and gone home. You will wonder where everyone has gone. As will the proprietors of half the businesses that rely on the pilgrim dollar. They’ll nail up the shutters till next Easter and you’ll possibly find the Albergue dormitories a bit lonely and wake up startled at every floorboard creak.

Stop looking at Booking. Try looking at the Camino

I’ve walked Agadir to Ouarzazate, similar distance. Definitely no beds.

@shawn67 you’ve bought into an illusion. As others have said Berking.con has no monopoly. Places that do not accept reservations are not fully booked, think about that. Really think about it.

For reasons that have been discussed endlessly on this forum September, the beginning of September is Wakes Week on the Camino Frances. Everybody flocks there for the peace and solitude. By 23rd September most will have reached Burgos or broken down and gone home. You will wonder where everyone has gone. As will the proprietors of half the businesses that rely on the pilgrim dollar. They’ll nail up the shutters till next Easter and you’ll possibly find the Albergue dormitories a bit lonely and wake up startled at every floorboard creak.

Stop looking at Booking. Try looking at the Camino
As someone who's starting on the 12th of September from SJPdP and is scheduled to walk into Burgos on the 24th, I'm feeling slightly dissed right now. ;-)

Kikie, others have expressed same (to make contact directly). Booking.com has not been adequate. My hope was to obtain feedback from those on the way that are each day finding a bed. Was targeting Sept 23 yet reading information that even places that did not reserve beds have now booked up. I will attempt some direct requests, really worried the freedom of the way is being lost.
I am walking at the moment and I don't reserve ahead and I have not had any problems getting a bed whenever I stop. Tonight there are three pilgrims in an albergue that can take 26.

I do tend to stay in Donativo and Municipal Albergues though. If you want your own room and all the comforts of home then you will need to take your chances with others of your ilk.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Most private accommodations between SJPdP to Pamplona will be pretty full/ very tight in September, early Oct. 2024. In December or January many of those private accommodations in that area start posting for 2025. Reserve in this region ahead!
Reserve ahead near May 1st from Astorga to Triacastela. Sarria to SdC is full Holy Week and Easter week. Watch for the Wine Festival in Logrono in September. That week the city is quite full. In early October 12 is the National Day of Spain and SdC is beyond full!

Now, I use booking.com for its convenience. It is east to book and easy to cancel! Sometimes, I find hotel offers that are not available on Booking, especially off-season, and do book directly, but that is the exception for me. Keep checking the websites. Often, when a hotel does not appear on Booking, it isn’t open for booking on the hotel site either. However, it is true, that sometimes the hotel holds back some rooms that may not be available on booking.
So here is what I do. I look for my preferred booking. I check both booking and the hotel. If they are not available, be persistent in checking back or send them an email.
In the meantime, in anticipated busy areas, I book something else in that desired area, to make sure I have a place to sleep. When my first choice opens up, I book it and cancel the other reservation. Booking makes it easy to do that!

Last edited:
I am walking at the moment and I don't reserve ahead and I have not had any problems getting a bed whenever I stop. Tonight there are three pilgrims in an albergue that can take 26.

I do tend to stay in Donativo and Municipal Albergues though. If you want your own room and all the comforts of home then you will need to take your chances with others of your ilk.
And fair play, with your optimistic future caminos! Buen camino, peregrino!

Doug, Thanks for the feed back. I hope to start on Sept 24. Intent on 2 days at SJPDP. Maybe having nerves, the hypermarket of Camino Frances past couple years has generated much question. After doing Sarria to Santiago in 2000 and 2010 Leon to Santiago...now retired have time open and have committed 45 days ( time in Paris and if all goes well Finisterre). I wish to primarily stay at Albergues yet at 67 not wishing to waste my chance to experience the Camino fully in a foot race. Had two friends inform me they were unable to get a bed in Roncesvalles and Zubiri. Seems taxi service is busy.

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Had two friends inform me they were unable to get a bed in Roncesvalles and Zubiri.
I'll bet they were walking in the first 2 weeks of September or May.

Year after year on the forum, we try to explain the nuances of the "bed race." Here are two threads that present the real situation:
This weekend, we will probably start getting the annual September rush of panicked posts from new members who are caught unawares.

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
A few things:

Booking.com and accommodation owners should charge a $10.00 booking fee. Only payable if you don’t proceed with that booking.
Might solve the problem.
Fee could be split between both.

Just a thought.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Fee should be charged for people who make multiple bookings on the same night in different accommodation locations and then cancel.
Each property can set their own cancellation deadline. Some are several nights to a week or more before the booking date.

I'll bet they were walking in the first 2 weeks of September or May.

Year after year on the forum, we try to explain the nuances of the "bed race." Here are two threads that present the real situation:
This weekend, we will probably start getting the annual September rush of panicked posts from new members who are caught unawares.
They started out august 20. Roncesvalles was full, there was talk of tour bus drop.
Zubiri was same.

They started out august 20. Roncesvalles was full, there was talk of tour bus drop.
Zubiri was same.
That was bad luck. Another guess... that group was doing a "highlights of the Camino" tour. Your friends got caught in that bubble, in one of the known choke points.

But you can book direct.

Don't forget the ValCarlos route between SJPdP and Roncevalles.

Doug, Thanks for the feed back. I hope to start on Sept 24. Intent on 2 days at SJPDP. Maybe having nerves, the hypermarket of Camino Frances past couple years has generated much question. After doing Sarria to Santiago in 2000 and 2010 Leon to Santiago...now retired have time open and have committed 45 days ( time in Paris and if all goes well Finisterre). I wish to primarily stay at Albergues yet at 67 not wishing to waste my chance to experience the Camino fully in a foot race. Had two friends inform me they were unable to get a bed in Roncesvalles and Zubiri. Seems taxi service is busy.
Hi Shawn, I am starting a couple of weeks before you, but I just looked at booking. Com for the 24th and 25th and both dates are showing availability at a number of places in SJPDP in both dorms and small hotels close to the centre..there are also places within a few km of Zubiri for the 29th..I am assuming you meant 2024..I am wondering if you had a filter set on the site that is filtering out results.. good luck..

Zubiri was same.

This is not true! If they started August 20 in SJPdP they were in Roncesvalles on 20th or 21st of August. August 20 we had only 178 beds occupied, and August 21 only 166 beds (out of 245 beds). The last few weeks were rather quiet, this last week numbers are increasing, but still not a full house.

The beginning of September is often busy from St. Jean through Zubiri on the Frances. This wave of pilgrims usually quickly subsides and by the 24th of September in St. Jean things should be much more manageable.

Roncesvalles has a fixed number of beds and so it can ve a bottleneck if the number of pilgrims arriving exceeds the number of beds.

Try reserving at Roncesvalles for the night that you expect to be there. If for some reason you are unable to reserve a bed for the night that you want then be aware that the Albergue at Roncesvalles keeps a small number of beds back that can not be reserved for walk in pilgrims who arrive early. They used to keep a whole third of all their beds for walk-in pilgrims but lately it is a lot less.

You don't need to be an Olympic athlete in order to arrive at Roncesvalles early nor do you need to walk in the dark (definitely not recommended). I left St. Jean on what is still one of the busiest days on record and got a walk-in bed at Roncesvalles by taking two days to cross the Pyrenees and walking most of the ascent on the first day and then getting the shuttle back to St. Jean for a second night there then caught the shuttle again, first thing in the morning, and returned to where I stopped walking the day before. This put me ahead of most pilgrims including those that overnight at the two Albergues partway up the ascent.

This is a high risk choice though. I am usually comfortable with higher risks but some other people are not. It is neither good nor bad to be comfortable with higher risks.

When considering the risks one of the things that I take into consideration is that if all the walk-in beds are taken by the time that I get to Roncesvalles then the worst that happens is that I need to share a taxi with others in the same predicament, no big deal for me. Spain and France are first world countries, accommodation, off the Camino is almost always available and simply depends on cost and your initiative. No one sleeps outside that doesn't want to sleep outside. These taxi rides are also an opportunity to meet people and make new friends.

However, by the 24th I don't think that you will have a problem if you want to wing it as the wave of pilgrims is usually very narrow and beyond Zubiri there is much more choice and the height of the wave quickly subsides as people spread out and some drop out.

I am currently on the Camino Aragonés and there is a tiny wave some days but this mostly consists of working age Spaniards and most of them go back to work next week because their summer holidays are over.

If you want to wing it then you can consider alternative Caminos but be aware that on the Camino Aragonés and other less popular routes there isn't the same infrastructure and so I have been forced to walk some longer days than I normally choose because there isn't a municipal or Donativo albergue for the next 27+ kilometers in places.

If for some reason you are unable to reserve a bed for the night that you want then be aware that the Albergue at Roncesvalles keeps a small number of beds back that can not be reserved for walk in pilgrims who arrive early. They used to keep a whole third of all their beds for walk-in pilgrims but lately it is a lot less.

We have 183 beds that can be reservated (three floors in the new, renovated building), 32 beds in the Sótano (cellar) of the same building, and another 30 beds in the Dependencia (winter albergue). These last 62 beds are for walk-in pilgrims. On very busy days these beds are occupied by 3 / 3.30 am.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We have 183 beds that can be reservated (three floors in the new, renovated building), 32 beds in the Sótano (cellar) of the same building, and another 30 beds in the Dependencia (winter albergue). These last 62 beds are for walk-in pilgrims. On very busy days these beds are occupied by 3 / 3.30 am.
Thank you very much for this information, you and your fellow volunteers do a great job!

I think, though that 3:30 am should probably read 3:30 pm???

All the best and thanks again!!!

Thank you very much for this information, you and your fellow volunteers do a great job!

I think, though that 3:30 am should probably read 3:30 pm???

All the best and thanks again!!!

Yes, of course, sorry!
Thanks for your nice words, I'll be there again for two weeks as from next Friday. Looking forward to meeting many pilgrims from all over the world.

Hi Shawn, I am starting a couple of weeks before you, but I just looked at booking. Com for the 24th and 25th and both dates are showing availability at a number of places in SJPDP in both dorms and small hotels close to the centre..there are also places within a few km of Zubiri for the 29th..I am assuming you meant 2024..I am wondering if you had a filter set on the site that is filtering out results.. good luck..
Hello Stew, yes 2024. I have two days reserved in SJPDP.. I have made contact directly with facilities at Roncesvalles and reserved beds are complete (full). The race will be on for the non-reserved beds. At 67 and a flat lander, I have begun looking at surrounding area. As they say the way will provide (if I am slow over the hill, likely there will be others and
Hello Stew, I have two nights reserved in SJPDP...Most concern was Roncesvalles and Zubiri ( Zubiri has many alternatives). I did make direct contact with Roncesvalles and reserved beds are complete (full) as have been feedback for Zubiri. I have given into the belief "on the way, the way will provide " there is reasonable chance others like me will struggle over the Pyrenees. My plan is to have transportation phone numbers and multiple alternative lodging contacts. May make some great camino family???

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Stew, yes 2024. I have two days reserved in SJPDP.. I have made contact directly with facilities at Roncesvalles and reserved beds are complete (full).
I assume that you checked on the booking form for the Roncesvalles albergue?

Have you looked in Burguete or Espinal?

If you let us know your dates, perhaps we can help.

I just tried to make a "dummy" booking for a bed in Roncesvalles on September 23rd, and was able to get through to the payment page.
Indeed. But here we go again, as last year and the year before and the year before that. Cometh the first two weeks of September and "everything is booked". No, it isn't.

On the Roncesvalles website one can book 40 beds in one go. I checked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the current weekend now and for the following two weekends, i.e. until 15 September 2024. I did not bother to look later in the month of September because the usual "September pilgrim peak season" is over by then.

Reality check:
  • On the weekend of 13-15 September, at least 40 free beds in Roncesvalles on each of the three days Fri to Sun and presumably much more.
  • On the weekends of 1 September and 6-8 September at least more than two dozen free beds in Roncesvalles on each of the three days Fri to Sat with exactly 1 (one) exception, namely Sunday the 8th of September when the albergue is indeed fully booked online.
When people claim that "everything is booked" they really need to say that they refer a) to private hotel rooms and b) to only what is available on Booking.com !!!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
You are totally right Kathar1na! At the moment on nearly every day it is still possible to book a bed in the Roncesvalles albergue online.

And if there are no more beds available in the albergue, there are also the hotels (Roncesvalles and La Posada). This is of course more expensive, although hotel La Posada has a few 4-bed rooms which can be shared with other pilgrims.

Furthermore one of my hospitalero colleagues has made a study of the beds in Burguete (3,5 km, 45 minutes walk): 124 beds in hostals and casa rurals, and 2 hotels with rooms.
And in Espinal (6,5 km, 90 minutes walk): 163 beds in hostals, casa rurals and on the camping, and also two hotels.
We have listed these possibillities now with telephonenumbers and give prints of this list to every pilgrim in the next few weeks who arrives in Roncesvalles and cannot have a bed with us.

Hello Stew, yes 2024. I have two days reserved in SJPDP.. I have made contact directly with facilities at Roncesvalles and reserved beds are complete (full). The race will be on for the non-reserved beds. At 67 and a flat lander, I have begun looking at surrounding area. As they say the way will provide (if I am slow over the hill, likely there will be others and
How did you make contact? It is not possible to make a reservation by e-mail or phone, only only at www.alberguederoncesvalles.com
I checked and we have enough beds available for reservations every day in that week.

Hello Stew, I have two nights reserved in SJPDP...Most concern was Roncesvalles and Zubiri ( Zubiri has many alternatives). I did make direct contact with Roncesvalles and reserved beds are complete (full) as have been feedback for Zubiri. I have given into the belief "on the way, the way will provide " there is reasonable chance others like me will struggle over the Pyrenees. My plan is to have transportation phone numbers and multiple alternative lodging contacts. May make some great camino family???
Sounds like you are going into it with the right spirit 😀 I am sure it will all work out well for you..

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
That’s only if you don’t turn up.

Fee should be charged for people who make multiple bookings on the same night in different accommodation locations and then cancel.
Properties can already set up a range of pre-payment options, including some that are non-refundable, either at the time of booking or at a certain period before the stay. Where I have booked properties with these arrangements they are generally accompanied by an email from booking.com advising me that the payment is about to be made from my bank account.

Where I have seen it, it has required me to decide whether or not I want to adjust or cancel that booking, or if there are other conflicts with my schedule and to make changes elsewhere. I'm not sure whether these times would allow pilgrims the flexibility that they are seeking from making multiple bookings, nor whether they can be adjusted by the property. They might be some standard settings offered by booking.com or the other booking engines. Someone might have those fine details, I don't.

Having had to delay my Camino by a few days, I canceled my beds directly back on this past Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday, after having rebooked my flight, I was able to rebook beds through Pamplona with little difficulty. Again, I did this directly.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
No,, sometimes the Alburges just hold back room for people who contact them directly. Find an email address for the Aluburge or Hostel and contact them directly. I'm sure you will find something. Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi, I'm about 10 days in and hv used booking.com quite a bit. I did find in Uterga, I had to call and Lorca, I had to email. Camino del Perdon in Uterga is an amazing place for a refreshing stop or stay over. Pls tell Noelia, Linda from AL sent you. She made my Camino complete and I've just started. Burgette, just about sent me home. Noelia made up for all bad experiences.

well to be fair - struggles they are a-plenty. however there are enough "work-arounds" as per lots of posts here.
It is my understanding is that there are very few folks who wound up without a place to sleep. At the very worst - you pull a "Tom Avery" and camp by the river about 100km away from the trail :rolleyes::D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

In early October, I plan to do the route from Sant Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles, leaving SJPP in the afternoon, around 2:30 p.m. I walk frequently and quickly, averaging 6 km/h. I would like...
So, I’m beginning my fifth week on the Camino. It certainly has been a journey filled with surprises. The novelty and excitement have worn off. But after a rest day in León, I’ve recovered enough...
Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
Hey All, I arrive hopefully tomorrow to SJPDP. I have no accommodation booked for the first few days. Are places available ? What are the best app to book or is it possible to arrive and ask at...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Hello everyone, I have booked my flights and train and will be arriving in Bayonne at 5:21pm on Mon October 21st. I have a few questions about the logistics of the first few days of the route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.