Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking from Oviedo to Lugo in mid- October

Kam Wong

Time of past OR future Camino
First attempt Camino Frances (Sep to Nov 2017)
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, has anyone walked the Primitivo in mid-October? What was it like? Weather, tracks and accommodation? I plan to walk from Oviedo to Lugo only, then bus to Santiago after. Thanks for your input.
I have walked the CF many times and am on on the Primitivo. I find this trail muddy and difficult. Needs better markers too. If wet weather be careful

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have walked the CF many times and am on on the Primitivo. I find this trail muddy and difficult. Needs better markers too. If wet weather be careful
I guess this comes down to individual experience and preferences.

Yes, compared to the super highway of the Frances the Primitivo is a far more traditional way.

By that I mean it has it's muddy stretches - even in summer - there isn't as much infrastructure, and the trails are logically not as well defined as the Frances. Which personally I much prefer. I wasn't overly impressed once I hit Galacia and came across several sections of two meter wide limestone paths glaring in the sunlight. Horrible. That to me is like the tourist trails or cycle paths between towns and cities back home, not what I look for in a Camino.

It is supposed to be one of the more difficult Camino's so that too is certainly something to be aware of. Not that it's as difficult as some of the lesser walked caminos in Spain, let alone any backwards trail (far from it) but nonetheless has its moments.

As for marking - when I walked in July last year I found it extremely well marked. Yes you certainly have to keep your eyes open for the arrows but I don't use any app or map and I had no difficulties whatsoever.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am having trouble finding any information regarding the stages on the Verde. Is there a current thread, please? Where would I cross over to the Verde from the Primitivo and is there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back