Volunteering

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2014
Laramie, WY
Time of past OR future Camino
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
Hi @JeanneClaire,
Many albergues will start to wind down and close for the season in October. There are a few in Pamplona that you can find on Gronze.com.

I would check With Jesus and Mary, Bethany, or Paderborn to see if they need help at this time of year. I volunteer for two organizations, but neither have albergues directly in Pamplona. The closest is Zabaldika which is staffed by HosVol. They require you take their training course prior to volunteering. Contact hosvol@caminosantiago.org if you're interested.

Last edited:

rojasa

May 30, 2020
Oregon, USA
www.hallandgroup.com
CF 2021; CSS/CP 2022
Hi JeanneClaire, are you restricted to Pamplona? One suggestion is to reach out to Rebekah Scott on the forum. She manages volunteers at the HosVol-staffed donativos. Last I heard, Nájera was looking for help the second half of October. Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sep 23, 2022
Sonoma CA
September 2022 Frances September 2023 Portuguese
Yes, I thought of Rebekah Scott I know this late notice. I have the next 3 weeks free, so it would be for now, for last minute positions, but no worries if not, just thought it might work out. I did the hospitalero training last bring in the US. Thanks for all your replies

Reactions: trecile

LTfit

Veteran Member
Mar 6, 2010
The Netherlands
Hi JeanneClaire, are you restricted to Pamplona? One suggestion is to reach out to Rebekah Scott on the forum. She manages volunteers at the HosVol-staffed donativos. Last I heard, Nájera was looking for help the second half of October. Buen camino!
Just a clarification, Rebekah does not manage volunteers for HosVol but rather for the FICS run alberges in Grado (Primitivo), Nájera (Francés) and Canfranc (Aragonés).

Oct 8, 2012
Illawarra Region NSW Australia
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola @JeanneClaire What a great pilgrim you are. Yes it’s likely that smaller alberques will be closing, but maybe they would appreciate your assistance with pre-winter cleaning. Big hugs!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sep 23, 2022
Sonoma CA
September 2022 Frances September 2023 Portuguese
Hola @JeanneClaire What a great pilgrim you are. Yes it’s likely that smaller alberques will be closing, but maybe they would appreciate your assistance with pre-winter cleaning. Big hugs!
Thanks! I love doing it, it's like a Mini Camino where you get to meet everybody.!

Most read last week in this forum

After walking in rainy and chilly Galicia for about a week I ended up in a warm hotel room, feverish and with a cold. And I asked myself: why am I doing this? It felt like truancy, but I decided...
Hi I am curious to know what snake this is, just after Astorga before Murias de Rechivaldo ... lovely little thing!
We are leaving Sahagún and can’t find any coffee for breakfast. Any advice or has someone seen any on the way. Saludos Nando
Got a notification from my Phone that we started our first Camino 8 years ago today... We accidently left our phone charger and Kindle charger at Orrison along with our euro plug adapter and...
On our way.. When we planned this months ago we forgot we we’re flying out on Memorial Day Friday.. Doh!!
I am an American peregrino interested in volunteering for 2 weeks at the Pilgrim Office in Santiago de Compostela during 2025. I have completed the Camino Frances (2019), Camino Finisterre (2023)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.