Primitivo in July/sleeping bag?

Pronetowander

May 10, 2019
Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
July 2019 Primitivo
Sept-Oct 2021 Frances
Hello, Last 2 weeks in July I am walking the Primitivo and from what I have read the weather is changeable on that route. Do any of you seasoned pilgrims think a sleeping bag is necessary, just a light one. Or is it a crazy idea? Cold feet at Night 😪

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

shubertj

Jun 22, 2012
CF 2012, 2013, 2018 Portuguese 2014 Ingles 2017 Fin/Mux 17, 19 Invierno 2018
Primitivo 2019
Just finished the Primitivo in the last 2 weeks and only carried a silk sleep sack. Sleeping bag isn't necessary.

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Feb 28, 2017
Los Angeles, California
CF 2012, 2014, 2016. CN 2018, 23 Via francigena 23
@NigelP52 - I was there last August-September and certainly didnot need one. It was actually too warm, but you are going to have to be the judge on this since everyone sleeps differently. I would think a silk sleep sack should be enough, plus they sooo much lighter to carry than a sleeping bag.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

formysons

May 12, 2013
Montagu, South Africa
Roncesvalles - Santiago 2009; Portuguese, Ingles, Finesterre and Muxia - 2019.
I will be walking, Finisterre, Muxia, Inglis first two weeks of September. My sleeping bag weighs 550gr. I really do not want to sleep cold, what are the chances of getting blankets at all of the albergues ??

Ungawawa

Mar 27, 2017
UK
2017-20: Francés, Norte, Francés, Portuguese Lisbon Coastal, Portuguese central
Small chance of there not being blankets at some of the municipal ones. Stick to privates and you'll probably be okay.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides