• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

London

Kanga

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I wanted to express my solidarity with all our fellow pilgrims today - those who live and work in the UK, and all those who may be travelling and fearful. I am an optimist and believe that humanity does and is evolving in ways that eventually help us all flourish, but today feels like a pause. My thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

Many of you will feel the same so please feel you can post here - but please, no politics.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
That's kind @Kanga It was a bit subdued on transport home tonight, but be assured Londoners will never ever be intimidated by terrorism into changing a thing about how they live, where they go and what they do. We are vigilant but we aren't fearful, because that would be letting them win.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
@ Notion900, that map is staggering, especially when you zoom out a bit.
Times feel especially difficult now--but that's a reality check. It's been worse.

London's people have a long and illustrious history of meeting adversity with courage and a quiet and dignified strength, together--so I'm glad to know this is still very much alive, facing today's version of challenge.
With thoughts and prayers for all of you over there today.

Terrible news from London, but you just need to keep living your life.

If you change your plans because of events like this, than evil wins.

Thoughts and prayers to all affected by this.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The only way I can express my feelings is through my poetry but I posted it on my thread "Poems for Seekers" down there on the Via de la Plata section. I spent a great many years as a social worker in London any my thoughts and prayers are with them all, friends, colleagues and the people I worked for.

vaya con dios,

The Malingerer.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I wanted to express my solidarity with all our fellow pilgrims today - those who live and work in the UK, and all those who may be travelling and fearful. I am an optimist and believe that humanity does and is evolving in ways that eventually help us all flourish, but today feels like a pause. My thoughts and prayers for all those affected.

Many of you will feel the same so please feel you can post here - but please, no politics.

Thank you Kanga for such thoughtful words.

Most read last week in this forum

Quick warning to solo peregrinas, mature man hassling me today near northern end of water and stone route. Something about not having money and a 'free museum' at end where it hits the road. Very...
Are there Spanish* phrases used when walking near cows? In America, you might hear "hey Bessie," or at least I think that's a thing! What soothing, friendly things might this practically...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back