Gordon Ramsey and Gino in Galicia & Santiago

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery

K_Lynn

Buen Camino!
Jul 19, 2021
Edmonton, AB,
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2021, Ingles 2023
Just added the Mercado to my "things to see along the way" list! Thank you.
It's amazing! Three is a great wine bar outside the building with restaurants where you can enjoy a bottle of wine with oysters or cheeses from the vendors. The vendors will even shuck and plate your oysters or cheeses for you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Jan 3, 2017
Lancashire UK
Annually - often more - from 2014
You can see how protective they are of Plaza de Obradoiro and treating it respectfully in the video when Gordon drives his RV in and parks it in the middle of the Plaza.
He’s a ‘celeb’; normal rules don’t apply.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Apr 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
I really enjoyed the whole episode - thanks for sharing it Ivar.

Having watched some of Gordon, Gino and Fred’s other European escapades, this one was up there with their usual cheeky lads’ behaviour and I had some laugh out loud moments. The good-natured mates ribbing of each other and the cheffy rivalry was fun to watch - light-hearted TV in beautiful locations in Galicia - not for everyone of course and that’s OK. Best part was Esther and her gorgeous winery.

Viva España and cheers from Oz -

Jenny

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

MaryOswald

Jan 15, 2019
planning a fall 2019 trip

Having watched some of Gordon, Gino and Fred’s other European escapades, this one was up there with their usual cheeky lads’ behaviour and I had some laugh out loud moments. The good-natured mates ribbing of each other and the cheffy rivalry was fun to watch - light-hearted TV in beautiful locations in Galicia - not for everyone of course and that’s OK. Best part was Esther and her gorgeous winery.

Jenny
I gotta say, I laughed too but then when I thought more about I thought they seemed like a bunch of frat boy idiots . Compare to Phil in the Netflix show. Somebody Feed Phil, who goes all over the world eating different foods, and there's no comparison. Phil is full of appreciation, enthusiasm, respect and a love for the people and place he is visiting. Gordon Ramsey just seems like an...ass

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Apr 8, 2013
Sydney, Australia
CF whole & part 12-19, VF 17, VDLP+ptSbres22
I gotta say, I laughed too but then when I thought more about I thought they seemed like a bunch of frat boy idiots . Compare to Phil in the Netflix show. Somebody Feed Phil, who goes all over the world eating different foods, and there's no comparison. Phil is full of appreciation, enthusiasm, respect and a love for the people and place he is visiting. Gordon Ramsey just seems like an...ass
Hi Mary - yep, the lads are pretty irreverent most of the time - guess it’s part of their “schtick” and it sure could be irritating to many people. Thanks so much for for the tip about Somebody Feed Phil which I’ll enjoy - love the foodie shows and I’ve found that watching these types of tv shows has really broadened the range of what I cook.

Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

Reactions: ksam
Jul 18, 2014
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
He’s a ‘celeb’; normal rules don’t apply.
I'm really glad that I have no idea who these yahoos are. It seems I've missed nothing.

(I fail to understand fame - we don't seem to celebrate what's good, but rather shallow qualities like wealth and appearance. (Sorry - rant over.)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Tony Lenton

Nov 22, 2018
Camino Ingles (2018)
Camino Frances ( from Ponferrada 2019)

Jenny
Thanks Jenny. I hope I don’t sound like a pompous old bore- I’ve probably given the game away already- but I found their antics juvenile and disrespectful. These are 3 grown men acting like teenagers. OK. We can all see the cheese looks like a breast but there’s no need to fondle it and make kissing gestures in a public place. It’s just embarrassing. It’s lucky there wasn’t a Morcilla to hand or things could have degenerated further. Obviously we all love Spain and Galicia on here and others are free to love it in their own way. James Martin did a similar tour without the stupidity. Anyway I wish you well, nothing personal.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Oct 28, 2013
Madrid
Queimada is not a " celtic drink". It was invented in Buenos Aires at the beginning of last century by Galician inmigrants. In most documentaries like this they always put Andalusian music that doesn't fit at all with the green Atlantic lanscape. In Spanish ones they usually put bagpipes or similar.

David61

Jul 28, 2017
I'm really glad that I have no idea who these yahoos are. It seems I've missed nothing.

(I fail to understand fame - we don't seem to celebrate what's good, but rather shallow qualities like wealth and appearance. (Sorry - rant over.)
To be balanced, Gordon Ramsay is rated as one of the best chefs in the world so can be classed as "good". He has served his time and worked his way up as all good chefs do, the other two I will not comment on as that would be unfair.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

To anyone who just finished the Camino these past few days, or who will be finishing the Camino today or tomorrow: If you'll have finished the Camino by tomorrow night and if you'll be in...
Hello, my shoes are pretty down and worn out now with holes in it. As it is rainy these days I won’t make it to Fisterra with dry feet. Can you recommend a good shop for shoes in Santiago...
Hi to all, I'm on the invierno right now and I will be in santiago tomorrow. I realise today I didn't get two stamps per day in the last 100 km. My question is how in the pilgrim office they are...
Paul Garland posted a message on FB that there is search that was started Sunday morning near Zubiri for a 45 yo French pilgrim who went missing some time last Friday.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.