• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Forum meet-up in Burgos? Saturday, June 10, 2023 (tomorrow!)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Are you in Covarrubias? I’m at Casa Gelin tonight,
On second thoughts, that picture must have been last night.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Prepare for your next Camino on California's Santa Catalina Island, Oct 27 to Nov 2
No other takers? I’ll have to make a special effort. No accommodation booked, so hoping the Albergue will have me.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thinking of you from my Antipodean spot....all the best

Bummer! I was in Santiago just two weeks earlier. It would have been great to see you again, Laurie, and to meet Clare as she and I have had several nice chats over the years!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
@C clearly and I will be walking into Burgos tomorrow, finishing the Lana (me) and the Requena (her). We will be at the Pilgrim statue in front of the cathedral at 7:30 PM. Hope to see a few forum members.

View attachment 148926
I wish I could be there it would be so much fun to meet up with you Camino legends face to face!!!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@C clearly and I will be walking into Burgos tomorrow, finishing the Lana (me) and the Requena (her). We will be at the Pilgrim statue in front of the cathedral at 7:30 PM. Hope to see a few forum members.

View attachment 148926
Fèlicitations!
At 7:30 tonight I will raise a glass of our local champagne to you both. You both have done so much for this forum and for your local associations; it has always been a pleasure to read your posts.
Carpe diem,
Margaret

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Oh, boy, I wish!!! At 7:30 tonight I'll be working.
But thinking of you both.

Heartfelt enhorabuena, amigas. Well done.
Pics, please.
I didn’t take the picture but I assume my partner in crime will post it. You would have been in heaven,VN, because we were conversing with the author of the geological guide to the Camino Francés.

the author of the geological guide to the Camino Francés
That is, apparently, still a work in progress though.

Thank you and "salúd" to those who toasted us. Paul entertained us by retelling the tale of "Ivar's box" over a bottle of vino tinto, so we got a photo of the box and promoted this thread to "Tales from the Camino."

Forum moderators never rest! 😂

Attachments

• 20230610_193319.jpg
    20230610_193319.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

A local Navarra website has reported the death of a 61 year old German peregrina this morning in Zuriain. The cause appears to have been cardiac arrest. The third death of a pilgrim in Navarra in...
We’re currently on the Frances. We’re walking from SJPDP. We’re looking at our projected dates for Sarria to Santiago. When we try to find lodging it all looks sold out on booking.com. What...
I just got an email that the train from Bayonne to St Jean tonight is canceled. Anyone else see this?
A few km before Portomaran, a huge swarm of wasps swooped down on a pilgrim. Thankfully, he wasn’t stung. He said it looked like a flock of sparrows that swooped down and he thought they were...
Here is a pic from 2016, I love the simplicity of the sketch map and directions "1 km climb up, 5km flat, 5km down". I wonder how the prices are now?
Reposted from Wise Pilgrim comments, was hiking with this pilgrim. Don’t follow app,go just a bit further past to well marked turn, not the one with spray painted arrow on stop sign:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back