Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Voyage Movie

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Dec 28, 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
CF; Norte; Ingles; Augustine; Portugues Central
Last night 92 people attended the Ottawa Demand.Film showing of the Irish camino film “The Camino Voyage”. Although the 4 Irish pilgrims did their Camino by sea rowing a traditional Irish canoe, I was transported back emotionally to the Camino. Please support the film when it comes to your city. Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Jun 18, 2012
Le Puy-Santiago 2012-13; +++; Somport-Burgos 2023
Last night 92 people attended the Ottawa Demand.Film showing of the Irish camino film “The Camino Voyage”. Although the 4 Irish pilgrims did their Camino by sea rowing a traditional Irish canoe, I was transported back emotionally to the Camino. Please support the film when it comes to your city. Buen Camino!
Why? Are they donating any profits to charity?

Reactions: Sixwheeler

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Dec 28, 2016

This event was put on by the Canadian Company of Pilgrims. DemandFilm brings films that otherwise wouldn’t make it to the big screen by getting people to commit to attending by pre-purchasing tickets. In our case a minimum of 50 attendees were needed to show the film. 92 attended !

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
F

Former member 49149

Why not? it is a film produced to record a modern version of the way things were, in terms of pilgrimage. I have seen it. I admit to a feeling of sadness knowing what happened at the end. It is a film that was made, to the best of my knowledge, without a big input of finance from high places. So yes, I would support it by going again, when it is on near me. I have it recorded, as it was on local tv, but yes, if it will help recoup expenses, for me it is worth supporting.

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Dec 28, 2016
Why not, indeed. I'm always just curious when I'm told I should do something
Why not, indeed. I'm always just curious when I'm told I should do something.

I didn’t want to post anything controversial, don’t know where the word SHOULD is used above ? I only wanted to share how the movie spoke to me emotionally.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Jun 18, 2012
Le Puy-Santiago 2012-13; +++; Somport-Burgos 2023
@Colette Z
I apologize. I didn't mean to be argumentative. On the face of it, it just struck me as yet one more film/movie/blog about someone's camino. What's special about this production beyond they went in a rowboat? ... which I confess is a pretty unique angle. Clearly, I pushed the post reply button too fast and I'll give myself a stern talking to about that.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Dec 28, 2016
@Colette Z
I apologize. I didn't mean to be argumentative. On the face of it, it just struck me as yet one more film/movie/blog about someone's camino. What's special about this production beyond they went in a rowboat? ... which I confess is a pretty unique angle. Clearly, I pushed the post reply button too fast and I'll give myself a stern talking to about that.

Thank you, this film has been discussed on this forum and all other camino forums i participate in. It’s not only an emotional personal experience but also about tradition and history of the Celtic pilgrims. I was certainly carried away and back to my previous Caminos. 😉

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Jul 28, 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
@Colette Z
A good friend of mine from Ireland, a fellow pilgrim, told me about this film a while ago. He spoke about this film with a great deal of pride and love. I know that the people of Ireland view this odyssey as a wonderful achievement, that unfortunately has a very tragic epilogue. This is a film I hope to see very soon and I think you should also. You are correct that there are a lot of camino films that are very similar. From what I have read and from the emails I have received from my friend this is anything but a typical camino film.
Here is a story about it from the Irish Times.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Bodi

For this breath, I am present.
Feb 2, 2017
Alberta, Canada
SJPP - Najera Sep 2017; Najera to Astorga Oct 2018
I just saw the film in Edmonton this evening. It is a wonderful film and brought back so many memories and the feelings I had while on the Camino. I was also interested in the film because of my Irish heritage. Well worth seeing if you have the opportunity!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Blintintin

Aug 4, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Frances (2018)
it already did show in Australia I believe by Demand Film. Scroll down to bottom of page for country flags to see what film is showing where. also click to another page to 'request a film' or to contact them ....not sure how it all works but you can ask them... https://tickets.demand.film/

Reactions: Wokabaut_Meri

Blintintin

Aug 4, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Frances (2018)
You learn something about yourself very quickly…
that otherwise might take an entire lifetime to learn

Says it all really.
So... how do we go about bringing this to Australia?
'Camino Voyage ' has a facebook site, where it was announced this yesterday :
We are thrilled to share the news that The Camino Voyage is coming to cinemas across Australia https://au.demand.film/the-camino-voyage/ from October 9th.

Reactions: Wokabaut_Meri
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Glamgrrl

Apr 8, 2018
Travel318
What airline was that, Anto?
We saw it this summer on Aer Lingus. Fantastic film. We were flying to start our Camino Portuguese so it couldn’t have been more perfect.

Jun 15, 2016
Co Louth or Auckland
2007 Frances, 2013 Via dela plata, 2016 Portugues, 2019 Camino Primitivo, 2013 Via Francigena
Saw the film in Dublin, it is a gorgeous film. Inspired by craftsmen, artists and musicians and a mans dream. It’s musical and so emotional. They stopped, and engaged with the various traditional groups along the way, the Welsh, The Cornish, the Normans (Normandy) the Basque, Galician....and the music flowed. See it if you are lucky to get the opportunity, you won’t regret it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.