Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue in Pola de Gordón!

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
According to this article, sent to me by a friend in Oviedo, the old train station in Pola de Gordón will be turned into an albergue, at a cost of more than € 500,000.

Lodging for pilgrims isn’t bad in Pola de Gordón, with two very affordable pensión options, but having an albergue is always a good step, imho.

Work will begin this spring.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

BobY333

Nov 30, 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 - which Camino? IDK!
2025 CF from SJPdP?
Intriguing, though I’m not sure how many pilgrims stop in this town? It makes for a very long day from León, or two short days (and I’m not sure where you’d stop and stay before La Robla?).

But, it certainly expresses confidence in the growing popularity of this magnificent Camino!

Reactions: peregrina2000

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
It makes for a very long day from León, or two short days (and I’m not sure where you’d stop and stay before La Robla?).
There's a recent thread asking about the albergue in Cabanillas, which is about 18 km from León, so if you had stopped there, Pola de Gordon would be a logical next stop.

Reactions: David Tallan
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Intriguing, though I’m not sure how many pilgrims stop in this town? It makes for a very long day from León, or two short days (and I’m not sure where you’d stop and stay before La Robla?).
It’s 36 km from León and there are people who like that distance. And for anyone wanting to walk the Salvador in 4 days, it’s really the only first day end-stage that makes sense. I’ve stayed here several times and have always run into other peregrinos, so there is definitely pilgrim traffic.

Most read last week in this forum

Day 1 - Leon - La Robla A mentally challenge day, this is going to be tought. If this is a heatwave or the temp continues, I can not make it. Walking through town and the bells of the...
Do any of you techies know if it is possible to request Salvadorama on a saturday afternoon or sunday? I google everything I can, can't find any information. Thank you for answers!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.