• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Zoom interview whilst on the camino

Linz2024

Time of past OR future Camino
Planned 2024
Whilst planning my camino a job has come up that I be applying for. If I am successful in getting an interview it will be held over zoom.

I will have an e-sim with data however I am wondering if the internet along the Frances will be sufficient for a zoom call. Will I better off in larger cities or do the smaller towns generally have good enough internet coverage?

One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Whilst planning my camino a job has come up that I be applying for. If I am successful in getting an interview it will be held over zoom.

I will have an e-sim with data however I am wondering if the internet along the Frances will be sufficient for a zoom call. Will I better off in larger cities or do the smaller towns generally have good enough internet coverage?

Most cafes and public spaces have wifi and cities will definitely have more coverage. Most of the albergues will have wifi as well. You'll be fine! Last year, an Italian friend did a zoom interview whilst hiking on the camino del norte. It was the funniest thing to watch, but he got the job!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You might be better off getting a hotel room. The hotel will surely have wifi and you can do the interview from the relative seclusion of your room. I would still do a test run first though, zoom a friend and see how the connection works.
Yes I will definitely get a private room as the interview would be early to facilitate the time difference. I guess I more concerned about whether I should catch a bus to a larger city and then return to my Camino afterward?

Yes I will definitely get a private room as the interview would be early to facilitate the time difference. I guess I more concerned about whether I should catch a bus to a larger city and then return to my Camino afterward?
I would aim to eliminate as many variables as possible; so I would be in a hotel in a bigger town with the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door. I would have tested the WiFi speed with my cell connection as a backup. I would be well rested and well-groomed at least from the shoulders up.

I had to fly back from vacation for a day once for a job interview, leaving Mrs HtD on the beach. She wasn’t best-pleased and although I was offered the job I didn’t take it.

The joys of work; a distant memory thankfully.

I do remember a few (very few) places on the C.Frances where i did not have reception and also no Wifi available, San Bol for example. But those were tiny tiny places usually, so if you plan to be in a bigger village for your interview you'll be fine, being in a hotel with wifi would also help.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I would aim to eliminate as many variables as possible; so I would be in a hotel in a bigger town with the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door. I would have tested the WiFi speed with my cell connection as a backup. I would be well rested and well-groomed at least from the shoulders up.

I had to fly back from vacation for a day once for a job interview, leaving Mrs HtD on the beach. She wasn’t best-pleased and although I was offered the job I didn’t take it.

The joys of work; a distant memory thankfully.
100% agreed! Especially the big hotel, big town part, not some rural albergue! Job interviews can be life changing so prioritise it and test everything in advance. One of my first ones, I got a job, a wife and 2 children, and I wasn’t even going to turn up!

I have had to do 4 zoom meetings whilst on the Camino Norte this month. Not a problem encountered, good reception. too have an eSIM card.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I used an eSIM when I walked the Frances this year and regularly checked the internet speed. In most places it was over 50 mbs, often exceeding 100 mbs. If I interviewed you and you were walking the Camino I would be favourably impressed. All the best.

I used an eSIM when I walked the Frances this year and regularly checked the internet speed. In most places it was over 50 mbs, often exceeding 100 mbs. If I interviewed you and you were walking the Camino I would be favourably impressed. All the best.
I have found public wifi in bars, albergues, and hotels to often be quite slow. I found that using SIM data was often much better.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I could do with a husband so fingers crossed!
Well you're not the only one that walks the camino that is shall we say open to the possibilities. Damien even started a thread a couple of years back 'looking for love', it was resurrected recently.

Edited to add: didn't someone talk about a camino dating app at one stage? Maybe there is a market!

I have to say on one hand it would be wonderful to find a wife that shared my love of the Camino. On the other hand you would have to be either very evenly matched, or good at compromising.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

This made for an exciting morning for me and a few pilgrims in the hills just before El Acebo today. A Spanish lady took charge and had us sit down…not sure that was the right course of action...
I'd like to share an observation that I've witnessed a few times on this camino that I think needs some attention and that is regarding elderly pilgrims traveling with family. Yesterday I...
Following the horrors of bed bugs at the Paris Olympics, I saw this today. "A powdered clay nwn as Terre de Sommieres kills them if they walk on it" The Times of London. Tues 10th Sept 2024
Usually, when I go on a Camino, I take gloves. These are mainly for those chilly, damp mornings when it's raining slightly. However, I've found that few gloves are waterproof, and the ones tend to...
Not exactly Camino related, but I was flabbergasted by this story of a hiker that was lost for 24 hours who ignored rescuers' calls because 'they didn't recognize the number'...
Hola, todos. When I first attempted the Camino in 2001 I caried a (UK) CSJ guidebook. Light and very useful to find the right path and next albergue. Now I'm looking to return to finish...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.