• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Women's cargo shorts suggestions please

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra '15; Levante-Invierno '19
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want comfortable with pockets. I love Paramo and they have a great men's Maui shorts but no female equivalent. In my town we only have an Anaconda store.
Any suggestion for summer cargo style hiking shorts that will fit a post-menopausal woman?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want comfortable with pockets. I love Paramo and they have a great men's Maui shorts but no female equivalent. In my town we only have an Anaconda store.
Any suggestion for summer cargo style hiking shorts that will fit a post-menopausal woman?
Hi Donna, check out Zorali, a seriously good Aussie brand - I think they're based in VIC. They've got a great online store. Hope this helps!

Donna, in case you are more interested in pockets than shorts there is this skirt from Lightheart Gear. You can fit a copy of Brierley's guidebook in each pocket. It is made in the US so you'd need to add shipping and customs tax to get the total cost so maybe it's not for you.

I'm not just directing you to the site; I'm a satisfied customer. For three summers now I've hiked in the mountains with this.

Both these links go to the same place:
https://lightheartgear.com/products/hiking-skirt-with-pockets-1

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Decathlon have had/have got some good ones this. I fit into your category and was we
ll pleased with what I found.

Duluth dry on the fly cargo shorts. They also have those in boot cut pants so not skinny pants. Perfect for the camino because they really do dry fast, whether it's from rain or washing and hang to dry.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi- amateur photographer here and doing my first Camino starting next week (Frances from SJPP) and have been back and forth regarding taking my smaller Nikon with prime lens set up which weighs in...
Is there anywhere in Santiago that I can donate a backpack, poncho, coolmax sleep liner, Finisterre guide book and an unused credential? I would like someone else to have use of them if possible - ta!
Kathmandu in 2015 made the perfect pair of hiking shorts and then they changed the design and made them all skinny. I have Polynesian tree trunk thighs so I don't want a fitted look. I want...
I'm looking to buy a sleeping bag for my next Camino, but since I'm only 1.5m tall (5 feet), I’d prefer not to go with a standard-sized one. I don't want to feel like I’m swimming in it, and the...
As we have no hold luggage, I’m having to leave my much appreciated walking poles at home! Can I get walking poles in Sarria (our start point) or should I pick them up in Madrid? I know Madrid...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.