Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to get credential in Ponferrada?

ungiroingiro

Time of past OR future Camino
10 days from Ponferrada
Good morning, I’m booking the flight for the Camino, starting the 12th of August from Ponferrada. I’d like to be sure that once I’ll be in Ponferrada I can buy and pick up the Camino passport. Could anyone give me more information and the opening time of the place where they delivery the passport?
I’m worried that once I’ll be there I can’t have it.
Thanks
Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Albergue parroquial San Nicolás de Flüe has credentials available. They open at 1:00 pm

A really top notch, clean and well run donativo. I have stayed a few times. Really well equipped and large kitchen. Probably the biggest kitchen I remember of any albergue.
One time when I stayed there was a bunch of food trucks in a lot next to the albergue. There were some really good and well priced foods to choose from.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A really top notch, clean and well run donativo. I have stayed a few times. Really well equipped and large kitchen. Probably the biggest kitchen I remember of any albergue.
One time when I stayed there was a bunch of food trucks in a lot next to the albergue. There were some really good and well priced foods to choose from.
Oh! Do they allow the use of the kitchen nowadays? On my first visit a very autocratic Swiss hospitalera loudly declared "The kitchen is NOT for cooking in!"
Otherwise it's a lovely place to stay in.

You may also be able to get a credencial in your home country, in advance. I see you have a short timeline, but you could check it out if your country has a pilgrim organization.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Oh! Do they allow the use of the kitchen nowadays? On my first visit a very autocratic Swiss hospitalera loudly declared "The kitchen is NOT for cooking in!"
Otherwise it's a lovely place to stay in.
It has been three years since I was there if memory serves me correctly. Maybe things have changed. I know I ate in the albergue but i do not remember if I cooked or if I just used the microwave. I do remember the kitchen was big.

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
Hey All, I arrive hopefully tomorrow to SJPDP. I have no accommodation booked for the first few days. Are places available ? What are the best app to book or is it possible to arrive and ask at...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Hello everyone, I have booked my flights and train and will be arriving in Bayonne at 5:21pm on Mon October 21st. I have a few questions about the logistics of the first few days of the route...
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...
I hope this is the final stretch! What a day! I’m bone tired and had trouble staying awake writing this, so I hope I’m writing clearly… La Faba to Triacastela, 17.1 miles,27.5 Km. Last night...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.