• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

When does the surfer and holidaymaker traffic slow down on the CP?

JustJack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: May/June 2023
VDLP: April/May 2024
I'm currently planning to walk the CP coastal route next fall, and I know that some of the seaside towns along the way can get crowded with people on holiday and surfing during the summer months. I want to avoid competing with this crowd for a room (when I'm not staying in an albergue), and I want to avoid any potential "high season" prices that seaside towns are sometimes prone to. Are space/costs much of an issue along the CP coastal route in summer? And is there a particular date when that traffic drops off at the end of summer? Basically I'm deciding between September and October. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Up until mid September, it will probably still be considered high season for prices. Definitely October will be mid season. My sister and I walked the CP coastal from Porto last September and I did not consider it crowded aside from Porto.

Most read last week in this forum