This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

We’re here SJPDP

falconbrother

Time of past OR future Camino
June - July 2024
We’re in SJPDP now. Checked in at the pilgrim office yesterday and will start walking in the morning. I really love this town. We walked to the market and pharmacy a bit ago. Easy walk and well stocked grocery. The old church is a wonderful place to stop and get the mind right for Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
I can relate. After seeing so many images of SJPdP and reading so many accounts, it felt like we had been transported to a magical place when we arrived in person last September. Wonderful little town!

So happy for you! I agree that SJPDP is a truly beautiful place to relax and become centered before starting out. Such a sense of being part of a historical spiritual community. I found that lighting a candle and sitting in the simple, beautiful church the night before leaving was deeply meaningful. God bless you throughout your Camino,
Daniel

Most read last week in this forum