This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Wasp swarm

Purple Backpack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF’12 VF’16 VP w/variants 2022/23 Norte’23, CF ‘23
A few km before Portomaran, a huge swarm of wasps swooped down on a pilgrim. Thankfully, he wasn’t stung. He said it looked like a flock of sparrows that swooped down and he thought they were bees. At the next bar, the owner said to be careful, huge swarms of wasps have been active.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
Strolling around Villatuerta after a day of walking, I came across this very odd configuration of bees. With a significant amount of mutual respect, we kept our distance from one another.
They may have been resting. I have seen this behaviour in the UK, a bee keeper told me when a hive has been on the move looking for a suitable new home they will land as one group and have a rest similar to what you have seen here. They aren't dangerous as long as you don't disturb them because the Queen will be in the middle somewhere. It looks intimidating but they will avoid conflict if possible because they are tired and aware of how vulnerable they are with their Queen in the open. After a while they will carry on.

Maybe this is what you have seen.

Tired and feeling vulnerable ... kind of like pilgrims?

I am so glad to read that you were not stung. Wasp stings are so painful, as are bee stings. Having been stung twice during the past four weeks by bees, I feel for anyone who suffers the same fate.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.

Most read last week in this forum