• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Walking in Spring 2025

Dodger

Lone Walker, CF2018-VdlP2022 Via Francigene2023 CF
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2018
VDLPP2022
Francigen 2023
I Will Push You
Having found this site very helpful with my Camino journey and aiding me to meet others. I have just completed planning for the Shikoku 88 Temple pilgrimage in Spring after golden week. Was wondering if any else is looking at starting after golden week. thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Having found this site very helpful with my Camino journey and aiding me to meet others. I have just completed planning for the Shikoku 88 Temple pilgrimage in Spring after golden week. Was wondering if any else is looking at starting after golden week. thank you
Would love to see your itinerary as I am thinking of this pilgrimage in 2026.

I have just moved back to Japan. Doing Kumano Kodo after Golden Week before the rainy season sounds like a good Idea 💡 I should think about it once I've settled in the new home.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Would love to see your itinerary as I am thinking of this pilgrimage in 2026.
As I am flying from Australia and arriving early am. I plan to get the bus to Shikoku, have check in to a hostel. Train to Temple one have a rest day, buy clothing etc at Temple 1, start fresh the next day. Walk to temple 6 stay, walk to temple 11 stay close by. Up and over to Temple 12. The first 5 days I intend to book prior to departure. The rest of my accommodation I will book as I go, 1 or 2 days ahead. I have the Henri helper app and the map book guide. I have made notes on the guide book about food, routes, options, ferry’s etc. I do not like to over plan, this hike will be the most planned that I have done. 🙏

As I am flying from Australia and arriving early am. I plan to get the bus to Shikoku, have check in to a hostel. Train to Temple one have a rest day, buy clothing etc at Temple 1, start fresh the next day. Walk to temple 6 stay, walk to temple 11 stay close by. Up and over to Temple 12. The first 5 days I intend to book prior to departure. The rest of my accommodation I will book as I go, 1 or 2 days ahead. I have the Henri helper app and the map book guide. I have made notes on the guide book about food, routes, options, ferry’s etc. I do not like to over plan, this hike will be the most planned that I have done. 🙏
Great thanks I am also from Australia, and am thinking yes I can do it.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Having found this site very helpful with my Camino journey and aiding me to meet others. I have just completed planning for the Shikoku 88 Temple pilgrimage in Spring after golden week. Was...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back