Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Walking from León

JDKOcean

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Hola, have reached Villar de Mazarife after a great first day, about 16 miles, 22km. Mine was a sparsely followed path and only saw a handful of other people. Feel good after a brief rest 😊. Am hungry and will be asleep by 10 I’m sure !

Grateful to be on my Camino, and wish all a buen Camino. JDK

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Day 2 Astorga

A long 7 hours but a very enjoyable day, about 5 km out of destination a well placed & unexpected refresh station appeared - and powered me to finish with a smile & sore feet. Buen Camino todos.

Attachments

• IMG_1957.jpeg
    IMG_1957.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1956.jpeg
    IMG_1956.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 56
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Second that.So Por Hoje is a great place to stay and Patricia is a Darling!
Hmmm. I had a deeply unimpressive experience at her hands when I was considering taking a bed there last Oct but ended up walking out. Super aggressive attitude.

Hola, have reached Villar de Mazarife after a great first day, about 16 miles, 22km. Mine was a sparsely followed path and only saw a handful of other people. Feel good after a brief rest 😊. Am hungry and will be asleep by 10 I’m sure !

Grateful to be on my Camino, and wish all a buen Camino. JDK
Well done JDK,
Where does everyone go I wonder? I’m restarting from Burgos in a few days and hoping to get to Astorga on this leg.

There’s talk of how busy it will be, but when out walking it, ( in Sept 2023) it was often very quiet. Surely, not everyone goes off in the dark do they? Why do they? It just makes me nervous if there’s no one around. I’m walking alone, which I love, though feel reassured when seeing others walking the same way. Then often, arriving in small villages, there are loads of pilgrims at cafes etc.

How do you find that? Enjoy the experience. Keep us posted when you can.
Buen camino,

Hmmm. I had a deeply unimpressive experience at her hands when I was considering taking a bed there last Oct but ended up walking out. Super aggressive attitude.
Wow!!! She was not anything aggressive at all!! Very easy going and friendly...it's a shame your experience was different 😕

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
Day 3

Beautiful walk out of Astorga this morning near a friendly bunch of teenage boys. Entire walk was active but not crowded, and today with some familiar faces, the days distance of about 20 km it was a ok on my legs and feet. When I arrived some folks were calling my name with holas… it is being revealed each day.

When you write reviews and mention specific persons, remember that the experience is taken completely out of context. Maybe the person in question had a real reason to seem aggressive, maybe it had nothing to do with you. Maybe someone seemed friendly to you because you were so relieved to finally arrive. I mean, these are people doing their best to provide accommodation for often hordes of people. Perhaps they are reading here without time or opportunity to explain or defend. Perhaps there are completely different owners now, vulnerable to such negative publicity.

Glad to hear you have a nice walk! Interesting to hear that CF is not experienced as overcrowded as the rumor says at this time of the year.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Apparently the annual "it's too crowded" rending of garments got cancelled.
Hey All, I arrive hopefully tomorrow to SJPDP. I have no accommodation booked for the first few days. Are places available ? What are the best app to book or is it possible to arrive and ask at...
Hello, My question is: For those of you who do a little bit of planning, do you use some sort of list of all towns and distances to have a general idea what towns you will pass through? (More...
Hello everyone, I have booked my flights and train and will be arriving in Bayonne at 5:21pm on Mon October 21st. I have a few questions about the logistics of the first few days of the route...
Hello! I want to do the entire route on late october and november. My only concern is whether there are too few people. I certainly want to be with myself (I'm a loner) but also want to meet...
Hi. I am starting my camino on Monday 16th Sept at St Jean Pied De Port. I have hust pit my final rucksack together for the first timeit comes in at about 8.5Kg, I am 86Kg so this seems kinda...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back