• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Visiting Santo Domingo de Silos from Burgos

Gadflyparexcellence

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked in "2016," "2018," "2022."
I'm planning to visit Santo Domingo de Silos as a day trip (either in the morning or in the afternoon) from Burgos on September 19. Anyone interested in cost sharing for a taxi ride to the monastery and back?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you want to make a quick hike after the monastery visit, a bit outside of town is the "Desfiladero de La Yecla", a pretty nice small trip through an extremely narrow gorge.
I am pretty sure that there is a roundtrip from Santo Domingo de Silos through the gorge as I've seen lots of hiking signs, but I was there with a rental car.

Also the ruins of the Monasterio de San Pedro de Arlanza were great and the "museum" was showing some Clint Eastwoods pics of a movie that had some scenes filmed inside of the ruins. And of course Cemeterio Sad Hill... enough to visit on a 0km day

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There is a bus (Autocarres Arceredillo) which leaves Burgos at 17.30 and which returns at 8.10 in the morning, Saturdays and Sundays excepted. The Turismo in Burgos will likely know of any other options (I have found them very helpful in the past).

There is a bus (Autocarres Arceredillo) which leaves Burgos at 17.30 and which returns at 8.10 in the morning, Saturdays and Sundays excepted. The Turismo in Burgos will likely know of any other options (I have found them very helpful in the past).
Thanks for the info. I was not planning to stay overnight though. I'll check w/ Turismo in Burgos.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm planning to visit Santo Domingo de Silos as a day trip (either in the morning or in the afternoon) from Burgos on September 19. Anyone interested in cost sharing for a taxi ride to the monastery and back?
Just another thought, sometimes it's surprisingly cheap to rent a car in Spain. the booking. com app seems to give me the best prices.

Technically, you'll need an international driver's license, but they'll rent you a car without it.

You will get a €200 ticket if you happen to get pulled over. But I rented cars in Spain on many occasions for months and never got pulled over.

Most read last week in this forum