• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Via Francigena Britannica

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Portuguese/ VF (South) / VF Grand St Bernard
Via Francigena Association along with the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome are finalising a London / Canterbury extension to the Francigena. It's a a 145 km route to be covered in six stages on foot that starts from Southwark Cathedral in London and rejoins the Via Francigena in Canterbury.

The stages:
  • London (Southwark Cathedral) – Abbey Wood – 17 km
  • Abbey Wood – Dartford – 21 km
  • Dartford – Otford – 20 km
  • Otford- Peter’s Bridge – 24 km
  • Hollingbourne – Broughton Lees – 21 km
  • Broughton Lees – Canterbury – 24 km

Nice taster for those wishing to try longer walks. Will check to see what the advice on accomodation is though it might be better to base yourself in one place and use the rail/bus to get back and forward each day.

Britannica.jpg

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Interesting alternative to the Pilgrim's Way to Canterbury (London variant, utilising the North Downs Way) which I used to extend my VF in 2019.
Reasonably priced accommodation availability saw me make my own variant so curious to see what comes of this one.
👣🌏

As you say there is the traditional route over the North Downs** which is the scenic route so not sure about this one, but will try it anyway.

Southwark Cathedral is also convenient for the multimodal London Bridge Station and Borough Market with its wide range of food stalls. Foodies might get a bit delayed in starting their journey but will benefit from all the extra carbs they can pick up there.

More details

** Downs are uplands

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

The VF del/nel Sud (other names are avaialble) goes from Rome to Bari (the embarcation point for onward travel to Jerusalem on the Via Egnatia) or on to Santa Maria di Leuca, the tip of the heel...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back