This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VdlP April 2025

ChappyNS

Time of past OR future Camino
CF Jul 2022
CF Oct 2023
Portuguese May 2024
Hey everyone. My plan is to walk the VdlP from Seville to Santiago via the Sanabres commencing 10 April (plus or minus a day or two). This will be my 4th camino and I'm really looking forward to getting away from the "busy" Frances and Portuguese ones.

That being said, good company is always good! So if you think you may be walking the VdlP around the same time frame, feel free to drop me a line! (Mark from Canada)

Keep the Camino momentum going once you return home with After the Camino
Hi Chappy
You’ll find enough company walking out of Sevilla at your chosen date. (Or at least further along the way / but not crowds !!!).
There will be many preparations in Sevilla before you leave there as Semana Santa 2025 starts 13 April.
It is a great time to walk on the Vdlp - you will find most villages etc will have their own Easter processions etc. Many people around in the evenings. The procession in Mérida was wonderful.
The spring flowers will greet you along the way too.

Buen camino

Edit: not a bad idea to get your Sevilla accommodation chosen due to the closeness to Easter / it’s a popular destination at any time of the year.

Last edited:
Hi Mark. I am hoping to do the VDLP from around middle of April, although it’s proved to be elusive so far as everytime I have it planned something else comes up to stop me!!! But if all goes well I hope to travel from south of France to Seville on 11 April, so would start on 12th! I have actually done the first stage before (on a long weekend in Seville when I wanted to get away from the crowds) but my knowledge beyond that is limited! I normally turn up and walk (Frances, Norte, Portuguese), at a moments notice without any prep at all, but I know I need to ‘up my game ‘ for his one and do some planning and research!! Your post have prompted me to book some accommodation which I have just done (best rate with cancellation on booking. Com) is €29 pppn near railway station - Bambu Hostel Capsules depending on your standards (mine are low!).

I am a slow walker but can crack on the with the KMs so will try and catch up with you!

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Thanks OzAnnie!

I have heard from friends that the Semana Santa is both crazy and somber, and that I should plan to be in Seville at that time and experience it. My original plan is to be well and clear of the mania, but maybe I should rethink this? What are your thoughts?

PS. I leave for Australia in a week (my first time there) and will eventually get to your home town in early November! Can't wait!

Hi TM!

My departure date from Seville is a work in progress as well. I want to visit Morocco and Gibraltar before the camino but that needs more planning. And if you note my conversation with OzAnnie, I am still trying to decide if I should depart Seville before Semana Santa or actually experience it. Decisions, decisions. Anyway, thanks for reaching out. Keep in touch if you like and let's see how this goes

Cheers

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum