• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Update from Somport please

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Aragones, Madrid, Portugues Coastal
Hi, I am starting my Camino on Wednesday. My plan was to sleep in Jaca on Tuesday night and take a bus to Somport early Wednesday morning, and walk to Confranc. I know the Albergue is now closed. Is it still possible to walk from Somport? I would just go to Villauna and sleep in the hostel there. Is this possible or on? Am I better off just starting my Camino in Jaca? It is my second time on this Camino. I would like to walk from Somport again but if it is a big problem, I have no problem starting in Jaca. Any updated information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm in Jaca today. Tomorrow we'll take the mornig bus to Somport and start our walk to Villanua, then to Jaca. It's perfectly safe and doable, just be aware that from Villanua to Jaca could find heavy machinery working to make the new higway. Take care.
Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum