This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trekking poles in Irun?

tashgonewalkabout

Time of past OR future Camino
Hoping to head out on the Norte, early Oct '14
Hello folks, I've been through some older threads, but just wanted to check if anyone recently has found a camping/sports type shope in walking distance from the Hospital de Peregrinos de Irún albergue, as I would like to buy trekking poles in Irun before I head off on the Norte soon.
I do have a set already, but I will be taking three flights (!) to get to Spain, and the excess fees are painful.
Thank you.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you. This was my exact question. It looks cold in Bilbao so I may also need a second fleece.

Your timing will be important. The other day when I was walking through Irun I walked right by the shop and noticed that they were closed for siesta.

Saturday afternoons and all day Sunday can be tricky too. In northern Spain, some small towns close down for siesta Saturday and the stores don't open again until Monday.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum