• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transport and courier.

Time of past OR future Camino
September 22, 2024
Departing SJPP Tuesday 9/24. I apologize if I posted twice but first time using forum and I'm bad at tech. I want to transport my bag to Roncesvalles. I have a backpack and carryon. I had hoped to backpack because I'm not sure of distance I will walk each day. But is it possible to courier if you don't know where u are staying each night? I can carry my backpack but maybe I want my other hiking shoes in suitcase? I can't carry everything.

Gracias. Buen camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The downside of luggage transport is that you need to know where your bag is to be delivered to which necessitates either confidence in there being a vacancy when you arrive, or a pre-booking.

A compromise may be to decide what you can carry and ship the remainder straight to Santiago, or some intermediate point where you have a reservation or - when in Spain - ship ahead by Correos to be held at a post office.

Every option apart from carrying your load involves some degree of compromise in terms of flexibility.

Most read last week in this forum