• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train to Lisbon?

angmsmith

Time of past OR future Camino
August 2024
I’m trying to find a train that will get me to Lisbon from SdC, but all that’s showing up is a bus. Am I missing something?

If the bus is my option, anyone else here have experience with it! I’m not excited about an 8 hour bus ride….

Other options I’m missing?

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I took a train to Porto, walked across the square and hopped another train to Lisbon. Easy. Look on rome2rio

If the bus is my option, anyone else here have experience with it! I’m not excited about an 8 hour bus ride….
I have taken the bus from Santiago to Lisbon and if I were to make that trip again on public transportation, I’d take the train. Total time on the train, even with the changes in Vigo and Porto, is about the same. The bus has a 45 minute stop at a highway rest stop and restaurant, so you can get out and walk around, but I really don’t like bus travel much, and this was one of my least favorites. Nothing wrong with the bus, the seats, or anything like that, it was just endlessly boring down the super highway.

I don’t know about flights, but my guess is that there’s nothing direct from Santiago to Lisbon.

We are planning to take a bus to Valenca and from there a train to Porto where we will catch the high speed train to Lisbon.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum