• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train from Santiago to Madrid

LisaMB

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2021, Summer 2023
We are planning on traveling to Madrid after our Camino. We bought tickets for the train on Oct. 29. Yesterday we got an email that they inadvertently sold tickets for a train that won't be there. No other trains look available on the site. Of course, I'm having trouble getting my tickets canceled and refunded. Anyone else having issues?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It's probably too early to purchase tickets for the end of October. They should go on sale about two months out, but sometimes it's earlier. Who did you buy the tickets from?

I got the tickets on OMIO last week. I had seats and everything. Then I got an email telling me to cancel the tickets because there was no train.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola - yes it may be to early, renfre often do a time table change at the end of September or early October which is not really published until a week or two before. But usually there is a train departing Santiago sometime between 8:30 and 9:45 there will (or should be) an overnight train. Best of luck.

You should also look at flights especially on Vueling or Iberia. They can actually be cheaper than the train. But if you may want to do the train. Up to you. Rynnair has even cheaper flights but you have to pay to even carry your backpack on the plane. That can make the other airlines I mentioned cheaper.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum