• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

trailhead in Lorca Spain

CaminoFitz

Time of past OR future Camino
Aug/Sept 2024
I'm planning on taking train in Aug/Sept from Valencia to Lorca. Will I be able to find the trailhead in Lorca for Camino Frances heading to Santiago?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm planning on taking train in Aug/Sept from Valencia to Lorca. Will I be able to find the trailhead in Lorca for Camino Frances heading to Santiago?
@CaminoFitz - just in case you didn't know, there are two places in Spain called Lorca, a long way apart! Make sure you're heading to the right one. I only mention this because the Lorca which has a train station (Lorca in Murcia) is not the one on the Camino Francés (Lorca in Navarra). If you are heading to Lorca on the Camino Francés your nearest train station is probably Pamplona, then a bus from there. This Lorca is tiny and the Camino goes right through it - no problem finding it if you're in the right town!

Some on this forum might advise you to use Rome2rio.com to find your route- usually that's good advice, but I've noticed if you enter Lorca as a destination it only gives one option ("Lorca, Spain"), and it's the wrong one. If you actually type in Lorca Navarra, it does give you the correct one, but it's confusing!

Apologies if you know all of this already!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
For the sake of completeness I feel I should add that there is a Camino route through Lorca in Murcia, the Ruta del Argar, but the OP did mention they are heading for the Camino Francés.

Most read last week in this forum