• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to purchase trail runners in Oviedo?

kwinward

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2024-Norte and Primitive
I will be finishing the first half of the Norte in about 3 days and then transferring to the Primitivo. I have a couple of blisters that my hiking boots just seemed to keep rubbing on and I think I need to buy a new pair of trail runners. Do you have any recommendations for a store in Oviedo where I could find a good pair of trail runners? I heard they have a Decathlon Store. I'm not familiar with that store. Do they have quality shoes or do you recommend a different store?

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Yes, Decathalon is a good chain of sport stores. Just in that store on Monday, plenty of choice. There's also a very serious mountaineering store in town that we visited on the walk from train station to downtown. If you can't find, I might be able to trace our route on google maps and find it.

Yes, Decathalon is a good chain of sport stores. Just in that store on Monday, plenty of choice. There's also a very serious mountaineering store in town that we visited on the walk from train station to downtown. If you can't find, I might be able to trace our route on google maps and find it.
Thank you. I will look for it

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
More central may be "corte ingles oviedo" search on Google Maps, From memory (🙃) they have a Sports Section...

The Decathlon in the city centre is "Decathalon City" with a more limited stock.

Decathlon is our REI. But without the good return policy haha. But they have everything a pilgrim would need.

More central may be "corte ingles oviedo" search on Google Maps, From memory (🙃) they have a Sports Section...

The Decathlon in the city centre is "Decathalon City" with a more limited stock.
Thank you so.much

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
With blisters you should also look at hiking sandals. I wesr them on every Camino, including the Norte and Primitivo last year.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

After my first Camino, I made several adjustments to my packing list for this year in the hope of being more efficient. Here’s a breakdown of what I changed and why: Lighting: Last time, I didn't...
Hi, just reading up about the Altus poncho … is it 100% absolutely waterproof in heavy, even torrential rain? I am looking to buy a new rain jacket or poncho for my next Camino in March/April...
What is most prominent on the trail? I have a pair of three section telescoping poles. They don't fold into thirds but slide longer or shorter. They are great but still quite tall when compressed...
I received a notification from FindPenguins that the app is now completely free - it's no longer a two tiered system with basic free accounts and premium accounts. https://findpenguins.com/
I am staying at Hospedería San Martin Pinario while I volunteer at the Pilgrim’s office in late October to early November. I’m wondering if they provide toiletries such as soap, shampoo, etc. or...
Hello, I'll be walking Frances in October starting from SJPdP. It's my first time walking. My backpack is now 7.5kg all included but I'm looking to reduce weight. I'm looking for advice re...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.