• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tote Bag

Frankybaby66

Time of past OR future Camino
Last Camino June 24 Camino Ingles/Finisterre
Hi fellow wanderers,
I always put my backpack into hold luggage on the flight out (I have poles, and fly Ryan Air!). To protect the backpack I always put it, and my poles into a tote bag. The tote bag is lightweight and after the flight, packs into itself to something the size of an orange, so easy to stow in my backpack for the Camino itself.
Having survived 5 Caminos, the carrying strap stitching finally gave way on the way to the airport in Santiago earlier this year. I can't seem to source an exact replica, so wondered if anyone out there in Camino-Land had any recommendations as a replacement.
It must take a 44litre backpack ( I know, I know), and pack down small for the Camino itself.
Starting to plan next year's adventure . . .!
Thanks in advance,
Frank

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've used cheap cloth laundry bags bought at a dollar store. You could reuse one to help prevent bedbugs from getting into your pack or, if you don't want to carry it, leave it in a laundromat and buy a new one in SdC at a china shop.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I like @trecile s suggestion but to answer your question

Foldable Duffel Bag 30" / 75L Lightweight with Water Rresistant for Travel-Red

Its been on numerous trip and just couple of months ago coming back from our TMB trip got a rip\tear on its side (thankfully not too big). I used the trusty duct tape on both sides of the tear and I guess will have to wait until I venture out next time. Just for the stats most of the time it is my Gregory Zulu 35L and set of poles; this time wife's poles were added to the mix (hopefully that is not want caused the rip)

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I've used cheap cloth laundry bags bought at a dollar store. You could reuse one to help prevent bedbugs from getting into your pack or, if you don't want to carry it, leave it in a laundromat and buy a new one in SdC at a china shop.
Thanks, I'm used to something with a carrying strap - I'll give it some thought though

Check out the Osprey AirPorter. It has a carrying strap. REI has their own version, which I suspect is cheaper, but not sure if it has a carrying strap. I traveled with several others this spring who used the REI version and it seemed like it held up well and probably packed down smaller than the Osprey version.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I’m not sure what a totebag is, is it the same as a flightbag?
I have a flightbag with zipper (so I can put a lock on it during the flight) It can also be used as a raincover for my backpack. It has handles so you can carry it with the handles when your backpack is in it. We put our 44 liter bags in it on both caminos and it went fine.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum