• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Pilgrim Passport stamps

Bog526

Time of past OR future Camino
None, looking at sept 2024
While walking on Camino routes, How do you know which places carry stamps for the The Pilgrim Passport ?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As said above, lots of places provide stamps. I tend to get them whenever I stop for a coffee/Aquarius/vino etc. Your Credencial can then be 'topped up' with stamps from places of more significance if you choose, without any of the 'I need another stamp today' concerns.
I sort of work on the premise of there is no maximum number of stamps required in a day , just a minimum . .
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I ask. Buen camino!

Assume every place has a stamp. Do as Jerbear says - ask.

Just say, in a questioning tone: "Tienes un sello, por favor?

Hope this helps.

Tom
Excellent thank you, I will add that to our phrase book we have made.

Thank you everyone for the assistance

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
It means: "Do you have a stamp, please? Anyone will know what you mean.

BTW - In a bar or cafe, and sometimes in a tienda (shop) it is good form to buy something - no matter how small.

While walking on Camino routes, How do you know which places carry stamps for the The Pilgrim Passport ?
Ask as you're on site...most locations have their own stamp and happy to share with the pilgrims. I just finished my walk in June and surprised that even the smallest, most rural locations had a stamp.

I even got one from a police patrol on the Norte!

As above, you will be hard pushed to find anywhere not offering a stamp

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Assume every place has a stamp. Do as Jerbear says - ask.

Just say, in a questioning tone: "Tienes un sello, por favor?

Hope this helps.

Tom
but only if you're in Spain

Most read last week in this forum