• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Camino Provides - Law Edition

ShoshTrvls

Walking in Bits and Pieces
Time of past OR future Camino
Thinking about Pamplona - Burgos in 2025
Just had to share this ---

I am a litigation attorney in the US. The opposing party in one of my cases filed a motion to extend a deadline such that I would have to draft and file a brief in mid-August. I filed a response that I would be unavailable "on a walking pilgrimage" on the dates that my brief would be due on the new proposed schedule. (I said this to make sure the judge understood that my preplanned vacation wasn't just sitting at a resort somewhere with wifi and my laptop at the ready).

In ruling on the motion to extend, the Court wrote in part " ... mindful of the importance of vacations (Buen Camino!) for busy lead counsel ...." and made sure my brief wasn't due until well after I returned.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A common joke is that God can never litigate since he cannot find any lawyers in heaven. They all seem to end up in the other place.

However with people like Sir Thomas Moore likely to have been allowed through the pearly gates, there must be a few lawyers in heaven, but they are keeping quiet about it.

A common joke is that God can never litigate since he cannot find any lawyers in heaven. They all seem to end up in the other place.

However with people like Sir Thomas Moore likely to have been allowed through the pearly gates, there must be a few lawyers in heaven, but they are keeping quiet about it.

Yes, everyone hates lawyers until they need one.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I probably owe ShosTrvls an apology over my lawyer comment. It is easy to criticise and make fun of a profession where only a small percentage are responsible for the publics' perception.

My father and a few of his friends were caught stealing apples from an orchard in the 1930's. They were arraigned on the serious charge of theft and found guilty and each given a fine. The Judge then handed a cheque to his clerk to pay their fines. He did not use the old quote "The Law is an Ass" but I suspect this is what he was thinking.

Most read last week in this forum

Stopped in at a Starbucks in Vancouver today. I don’t care for Starbucks but was with a friend who likes it. A latte or similar at Starbucks costs around €4. That’s a typical price for any coffee...
Hi everyone, I leave for my Camino in a few short weeks and am trying to figure out what the washing machine situation is. I will be traveling on the CP from Porto and hoping to take the coastal...
The affect of a church on each of us is highly subjective and possibly based on many considerations, including; location, architecture, a particular statue, perhaps a memory inspired by an art...
76 year old male looking to do another Camino around April 2025. Completed CF from SJPP in 2022 and Portuguese from Porto earlier this year. I’ve looked at del Norte, but wanted to keep days...
Dear Forum Members, I’m reaching out to invite those planning to walk the Camino de Santiago to participate in a research study aimed at exploring the effects of the Camino pilgrimage on health...
A friend just told me about a Netflix series called Gangs of Galicia, and I started watching. Haven’t got the nuances of the plot yet, but so far there are scenes in Combarro, Arousa and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.