Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Taxi on the Camino del Norte

Bigbeard

Time of past OR future Camino
24th April 2023
Does anyone have any suggestions for taxis numbers between Irun and Santander my wife and I have walked a couple of Caminos with out to much problems but the legs are not like they were a few years back so the assurance of a reliable taxi service would be great

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You will be reliant on local taxi services. Many advertise along the Camino paths. Any bar will know the number of the local provider. From Bilbao onwards you’ll have access to the FEVE trains that parallel much of the route.

Godgle maps, Mapy.me and.cz and most other apps will provide local transport options if you let them.

You will be reliant on local taxi services. Many advertise along the Camino paths. Any bar will know the number of the local provider. From Bilbao onwards you’ll have access to the FEVE trains that parallel much of the route.

Godgle maps, Mapy.me and.cz and most other apps will provide local transport options if you let them.
Thank you Tincatinker,I've been reading your replies since I joined the forum as now always interesting and informative

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just ask at a cafe, bar or find a number hanging nailed to a fence post. There is Uber but you need the app and depending on where you are, the fare might not be to your liking.

I am on Del Norte now. Because of bad blisters I had to get a taxi part of the way a few times.
First, try Uber. It is available in some places and is 75% of taxi prices. Otherwise local taxis, bus or train as suggested.
While I’ve seldom used them, I researched the options every day for a week.
Good luck.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked the Norte with my husband in June/july 2023. I noticed stickers with taxi service phone numbers on the backs on many highway and street signs. I began taking photos of them “just in case”. Thankfully, we never had to make a call but I felt better having a number handy for a local cab.

IMG_9643.jpeg

I walked the Norte with my husband in June/july 2023. I noticed stickers with taxi service phone numbers on the backs on many highway and street signs. I began taking photos of them “just in case”. Thankfully, we never had to make a call but I felt better having a number handy for a local cab.
Meant to include that this was taken just outside of Llanes but we saw them all along the route.

A couple of pilgrims I met on the Norte, used an app called Cabifly - certainly in Cantabria

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).

Most read last week in this forum

After a peaceful night at the beautiful Blai Blai Hostel in Zarautz, we were all awakened at 5:00am by a young man repacking his huge pack, in the middle of the floor, with his bunk light on...
I’m fairly new to this forum and it has been VERY helpful preparing me and answering a multitude of questions prior to my 1st Camino. Currently, I have just completed Day 14 of the Norte which...
This is just a shot in the dark but if anyone starting on the Del Norte finds a New Zealand passport lost today (Saturday 14th September between Hendaye and Sebastian, please PM message me and...
I saw that someone mentioned recently having walked from Santander to Liencres on a coastal route. I am here in Santander and would like to take that route. I’m brand new to the Camino and to...
At CSJ Alberque San Martin de Miraz. If yours, contact hospitaleros on 0034-982-830700 with your name and date if visit (from pilgrim passport) and we will arrange return.
I am currently walking the Camino del Norte and seem to have dropped a small brown sunglass case with sunglass clip inside. Somewhere between Castro-Urdiales and Laredo, by way of Liendo. It is in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back