This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Taxi from Astorga to Foncebadón

Time of past OR future Camino
1st one start in late Aug and into mid Sept 2022
Any knowledge of Taxi availability from Astorga to Foncebadón as my wife isn't able to do our walk day that day... but she can do our next day's walk together...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Any knowledge of Taxi availability from Astorga to Fancebon as my wife isn't able to do our walk day that day... but she can do our next day's walk together...
Astorga, being a large city, will certainly have a good supply of taxis.
Any knowledge of Taxi availability from Astorga to Fancebon as my wife isn't able to do our walk day that day... but she can do our next day's walk together...
Astorga, being a relatively large place, will certainly have a good supply of taxis. Rome2Rio lists the fare at $65-80. That seems rather excessive for a 17 mile ride. You might be able to negotiate. Maybe the hotel right on the main square could assist you with this.

Astorga, being a relatively large place, will certainly have a good supply of taxis. Rome2Rio lists the fare at $65-80. That seems rather excessive for a 17 mile ride.
I would assume that quote is based on the distance there and back. Very little chance the driver can pick up a paying passenger for the return journey. A little over 50km.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I would assume that quote is based on the distance there and back. Very little chance the driver can pick up a paying passenger for the return journey. A little over 50km.
True, but still worth trying to negotiate

thanks for your inputs so far... Yes I will negotiate ... I am having a brain gap, but what is the Cross where people leave rocks/thoughts/memories/pains etc. called... ? Thanks

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last year when we were leaving Astorga there were taxis just outside or near Gaudi Hotel.

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Any knowledge of Taxi availability from Astorga to Foncebadón as my wife isn't able to do our walk day that day... but she can do our next day's walk together...
Yes, I took a taxi last Sept from Astoria to Foncebadon. Took the train to Astorga, walked up the long hill to where the Camino leaves Astoria, went into a cafe on the left and had them call me a taxi to Foncebaden. It was about a 40-60 minute trip in mountains and think it was 35E and gave him 40. Loved Foncebaden.

Most read last week in this forum