Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sweet Dreams

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
It should be boisterous this evening on all the Spanish Caminos. Euro Cup Finals Spain vs England. One curiosity: these are the first times in 70 years that the English sang their anthem, 'God Save the King'! Good luck to all and hopefully appy dreams for you pilgrims there.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Can everyone bear rule 2 in mind before posting? The Spanish won’t be singing at all: their anthem doesn’t have any words but it would be a potential breach of rule 2 to explain why.
No breach of rules, explaining just why there might, just maybe, perhaps some will find difficulties sleeping this evening

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
It should be boisterous this evening on all the Spanish Caminos. Euro Cup Finals Spain vs England. One curiosity: these are the first times in 70 years that the English sang their anthem, 'God Save the King'! Good luck to all and hopefully appy dreams for you pilgrims there.
This brought back memories of a similar night in Ponferrada in 2008. I was staying in the municipal and sharing a room with several Spanish and German pilgrims. (Spain was playing Germany in the Euro finals) As an Aussie - particuarly 16 years ago- I was not familiar with soccer, so was not prepared for the level of excitement!

In my diary I noted " All the businesses were setting up TV screens and chairs and tables, as the whole town would be out in force to watch the game and to barrack for the Spanish team. Some of the pilgrims had decided to ignore the curfew and watch the game in a bar and try and creep into the albergue after the match.

I went to bed at 9pm when the game was in progress, and when Spain scored a goal the whole town erupted into a cacophony of noise -car horns, yells, trumpets – anything that could add to the din. Someone let off the fire alarm at the refugio, and I asked myself if I should get out of bed, and decided it was probably only the football and took the risk of being burnt alive by snuggling into my bunk. I was the only person in the room- the Spanish and German pilgrims crept in later. "
I remember the festivities went on all through the night as Spain won -one of the highlights of my Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I can’t believe I’m just starting my 4th week on the Camino! Frómista to Carrión de los Condes, 12.5 miles, 20.11 Km. A rather uneventful day, which I don’t mind after yesterday’s intense day...
Doing a reservation search Gronze/booking.com, everything from Saint John to Pamplona full rest of 2024 season and to August 2025.... Did booking.com have error or lose rights to accommodations?
I am presently in Bizketta planning to take off tomorrow to Larrasoana. Heavy rain is predicted which, if it comes to pass, makes me fearful of the descent into Zubiri. Wise Pilgrim says not to...
Looking forward to eating some great food starting in Sjpdp and heading towards Burgos. As they say here in Ireland hunger is the best sauce ,what are some of your highlights of the food you have...
I'm trying to book a bed using this site. I'm not sure if its having tech issues, or? It will not allow me to click on a date and book a nite. Anyone have any ideas?
any suggestions for small towns or places with private rooms to stay between Ponferrada and Santiago? I am finding that Leon and Astorga and Ponferrada are much bigger than I enjoy. Tonight I'm...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back