• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting Camino in Rates

AKROD

Time of past OR future Camino
September/October 2024
My husband and I will begin our first Camino in three weeks. To accommodate the time we have available, we would like to start in Rates. We are thinking we could take the train from Porto to Povoa de Varzim where we would then get an Uber to Rates and begin our pilgrimage. I wondered if anyone else has done this and if it seems a reasonable solution given that there isn't any direct transportation from Porto to Rates. Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Last September we walked the boardwalk from Agudela to Vila do Conde as our first day and took a taxi to Rates the following morning to start the Central Route. It worked out fine. The taxi cost €15 I think.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You have both been so helpful. Thank you so much!

Sounds like you have a good plan.
I have started the Portuguese Central in Barcelos and there are direct trains from Porto. I managed to arrive on market Thursday which was fun.
Bom Caminho.

Most read last week in this forum