This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting 16 October from Lisbon ending 14 Nov. Options.

marsheng

Time of past OR future Camino
October 2024
I met a a Spaniard living here in NZ today and she said the Portuguese way can be very wet this time of year.

Would I be better off doing the French way ?

The things to consider are

Possibility of rain
Temperature range
And number of other travelers. (I would like to meet people along the way.)
I presume the daylight period would be much the same.

Any suggestions even if there is a better forum to ask this question.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I met a a Spaniard living here in NZ today and she said the Portuguese way can be very wet this time of year.

Would I be better off doing the French way ?

There are lots of websites that will give you comparative average rainfall charts. This website suggests that Navarra (at the beginning of the Francés) is a little wetter in October than the Lisbon area, but weather patterns are anything but reliable and “normal” these days.

There will be fewer pilgrims on the Português (at least south of Porto) than on the Francés.

But there will be a difference in terms of daylight, since Portugal and Spain are (ridiculously) in different time zones. In Spain in October, you can expect sunrise around 8:30, which makes for very late starts if you like to walk during the day. In Portugal, the clock will be an hour earlier, so sunrise will come sooner.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum