• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Spanish alternative to Gehwol blue?

Mananath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2022
Hi- I have been slathering Gehwol Blue foot cream on to my feet each night on all of my Caminos. My feet seem to love it and happy feet make me happy.

I am currently on the Frances, after finishing the Via Podiensis, and am down to my last tube. I have about 3 weeks left so will need to get something locally.

I know Gehwol is not available in pharmacies in Spain but am wondering if anyone has found something similar that is readily available in Spain? I will be in Leon in 2 days.

Tldr: Looking for a restorative foot cream that also moisturizes and makes my feet smell nice.

Thanks!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I cannot for the life of me remember the name, but there is at least one in a tube, 'de toda la vida'. Ask in any proper farmacia. Explain, and show the tube you have. The essential information will be there on the tube. Buen camino.

Hi- I have been slathering Gehwol Blue foot cream on to my feet each night on all of my Caminos. My feet seem to love it and happy feet make me happy.

I am currently on the Frances, after finishing the Via Podiensis, and am down to my last tube. I have about 3 weeks left so will need to get something locally.

I know Gehwol is not available in pharmacies in Spain but am wondering if anyone has found something similar that is readily available in Spain? I will be in Leon in 2 days.

Tldr: Looking for a restorative foot cream that also moisturizes and makes my feet smell nice.

Thanks!

There is a distributor in Spain.

Good luck! Gehwol is super indeed.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
In France, I used a brand called Nok as an alternative, which was excellent. I‘m not sure if it’s available in Spain, too.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Saltratos, NOK (as suggested above - BTW just used NOK on my TMB attempt; was easy to get since we were in France) or SportSalil which is what I used on my Camino

Good luck and Buen "Pies felices" Camino

A little late for me but I did just stumble across a souvenir shop in Palas de Rei selling Gehwol foot cream (not the blue, however)!

It's right across from restaurant Xeou.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ve heard that if you’re in need of drinking water on a Camino, you can always find a water tap at a cemetary. Is this true and do you think the water is usually potable from cemetery taps?
For 30+ years the Camino called. Last May through July I walked the Frances from SJPSP -Santiago. Arguably the best experience of my life next to marrying my wife. Today I got the news that I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.