• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Solar Storm Aurora Photos on the Camino?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There is a series of photos of the aurora borealis observed in Galicia during the recent geomagnetic storm in La Voz de Galicia. However, this is what the camera saw. I wonder what one could actually see with the naked eye. I know from people who were lucky to observe it at unusually southern latitudes that there was a huge difference between direct observation and photo.

Also, I think that it was mainly observable at these latitudes, i.e. from the south of England to Austria, from around midnight onwards when pilgrims are asleep (based on what I hear from family members and friends who could see something. I was not so lucky).

Last edited:
We could be neigbours @Theatregal . Beautiful view from my back deck on Friday night, too. Sadly, we drove miles for a better (flatter horizon) view on Saturday, only to watch a beautiful clear sky, including the passing by of the International Space Station, with my son. All good. I'd have thought it might be great on La Meseta, given it's big-sky country, but it looks as though it just didn't get that far south.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Back is blank for engraving.

Most read last week in this forum