This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Snow, high wind, and cold!

A

Anonymous

Hi - I'm in Logrono in my campervan, en route for the Mesetas and it is snowing quite heavily with strong winds. My barometer has dropped as low as I've ever seen it (and I winter in England!). Televisions in a shop this evening showed snow ploughs out in Pamplona and environs.

Crikey! Anyone out there who has found an internet connection - if you are stuck or hurt or needing assistance in any way and reading this please private message me and I'll send my mobile number to you. If you are not too far I will come and help. I have just about everything a human could need on board and am first-aid trained.

Take care now.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm definitely bringing/wearing my thermals and a poncho( still debatable as I have 25 liters capacity pack). I have a fleece and a windbreaker so hopefully the layering of clothes will help and gloves especially my headgear. it was nice of you to offer help to anyone.

tonette

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks - today it is rain and wind, turning to sleet and snow and back again so it isn't settling here. There is a large Decathlon in Logrono - they sell all the trekking kit you can think of - by the time you get here it could be back to normal. My daughter is in London, 900 miles north and she is having the same weather - verr strange"!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi!
Pamplona is completely covered with snow, not much, but easily about 10-15cm. The temperature is 1ºC and it is currently snowing.
Pamplona is at about 450m above sea level, so the situation is surely worse in the surrounding mountains and in the north.
And they say that worse conditions are still to come on wendsday with more snow, cold and wind.
Please, be careful

Strange to read about this, when we walked in January everyone was telling us it was an unusually warm winter for that time of year!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Decathalon

I walked this time of year in 2005 and experienced the same conditions - snow and rain! There is also a very well-stocked Decathalon sports store just outside Pamplona so for those who are just coming down from Roncevalles, there will be a place to stock up on fleeces, mittens, ponchos, etc! Just ask a local - it is a short bus ride away. Good Luck and stay warm/dry!

Most read last week in this forum