• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 74,075 Camino Questions

Selfie Stick

Vivendo il Sogno

Left Foot, Right Foot, Repeat
Time of past OR future Camino
September 2015
My daughter and I are leaving for our big adventure Monday, September 7th. Four days from now!!! One thing I haven't gotten yet that I thought about is a selfie stick. Normally I don't do too many as I am really BAD at it, but want to have memories/pictures of BOTH of us on this journey. Would like to use on our iPhones. Any suggestions for light/easy good ones I can purchase in United States? Say "cheese!" :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've never taken a selfie and won't start my first Camino for another month ..... but, that being said ...... from reading the forum it seems like there will be plenty of fellow pilgrims along the way who would be happy to take photos of you both. And if that's not really working out for you, many places where you'll be able to buy a selfie stick. Buen Camino!

My daughter and I are leaving for our big adventure Monday, September 7th. Four days from now!!! One thing I haven't gotten yet that I thought about is a selfie stick. Normally I don't do too many as I am really BAD at it, but want to have memories/pictures of BOTH of us on this journey. Would like to use on our iPhones. Any suggestions for light/easy good ones I can purchase in United States? Say "cheese!" :)
Hi, why use a selfie stick. There are plenty of pilgrims that will take your pictures.
Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Any suggestions for light/easy good ones I can purchase in United States?
To answer the original question, I just checked online at Walmart, the cost is only $13.98. Please check your local Walmart, if not please check your local Best Buy. You and your daughter are going to do fine, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

I walked the Primitivo in June/July this year. We did not see anyone using selfie sticks until we met up with the Camino Frances in Azua.
We did see a number of them being used.
I would point out that they were usually met with "smirks" and remarks by many of the other pilgrims walking by.
It appears they are associated mostly with tourists by most Pilgrims.
Just my observation.

Thanks, all! Looks like a selfie stick isn't needed. I probably wouldn't know how to use it anyway, as I am pretty tech challenged. I'll take all of your advice and depend on the kindnesses of other pilgrims along the journey!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks, all! Looks like a selfie stick isn't needed. I probably wouldn't know how to use it anyway, as I am pretty tech challenged. I'll take all of your advice and depend on the kindnesses of other pilgrims along the journey!

You will find that there is no shortage of kind pilgrims queuing up to take your photos. We met some wonderful compañeros that way.

On a lighter note :D there are some recorded inherent dangers with the use of selfie sticks (aka The Wand of Narcissus) as this article recounts::rolleyes: Death by Selfie :eek:

There IS something a bit 'naff' about a selfie stick isn't there? :)

I do possess one but only use it for training and promotional videos at work.

On the Camino I found plenty of people to help take photos. It tends to be a mutual kind of thing.... 'Would you like me to take one of YOU too'

For video work I sometimes used a piece of elastic formed into a loop, to hold my phone to a trekking pole, or fence post. Instant camera stand! Just push the trekking pole into a bit of soft ground...

There IS something a bit 'naff' about a selfie stick isn't there? :)

I do possess one but only use it for training and promotional videos at work.

On the Camino I found plenty of people to help take photos. It tends to be a mutual kind of thing.... 'Would you like me to take one of YOU too'

For video work I sometimes used a piece of elastic formed into a loop, to hold my phone to a trekking pole, or fence post. Instant camera stand! Just push the trekking pole into a bit of soft ground...

This, however, is my all time favourite -
A young farmer in a village in northern Iran. Plenty of tree branches along the Camino.
image.webp

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone. My travelling companion and I are currently on the Camino, arriving in Carrion de Los Condes tomorrow. A situation has come up where we wish to modify our Camino and still...
How do you save your iPhone content (Picture & Videos) while on the trail? Last year I bought a thumb-drive that plugged right into my phone and downloaded my content religiously & daily only to...
Anyone else beginning in SJPP tomorrow October 18?
Hey, my name is Joe and I live In Colorado Springs, Colorado. Just beginning the planning process for the Camino. We are shooting for late September/October of 2026! One question tho... can we...
If you are planning to start a Camino in FEBRUARY 2025, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...
If you are planning to start a Camino in MARCH 2025, you are invited to add a post to this thread – scroll down to the last post, and create a new post giving your expected start date, start...

Featured threads

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Featured threads

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back