This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sarria to Santiago in March 2025 - yes or no?

viclis

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de La Plata, August 2024
Hi all

I'm from London and would like to walk a bit of the Camino next year. I am restricted to March as I am running a marathon in the middle of May and am travelling to Asia in September.
How feasible is it to walk from Sarria to Santiago during the middle of March? Will albergues and supermarkets be open? Is it doable with the weather? Anything else I should keep in mind?

Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Feasibility depends on your needs and wants. In mid March, many restaurants, cafés, and albergues/ hotels won't be open, and there will be fewer pilgrims on the Way.

Get Gronze. Read it in Spanish first to keep the place names straight, then in English if you must, to see how long your stages may be. Get WhatsApp, and call/ text places to verify their hours.

Weather is variable, but expect cold rain for part of it. Be prepared to carry what you need for a day...this isn't supported in the sense that a commercial marathon is.

Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, it should be fine. I walked in January. All the state owned Xunta albergues were open. Very few coffee stops open, but I walked in a holiday week. Not everything will be open, but it should be less crowded and very enjoyable. Be prepared for rain. I wore my poncho daily. It wasn't too cold, but then I am from a very cold climate.

Not as pleasant weather-wise as other times of year, but definitely doable. If that's the only time that works for you, than I think you should go for it!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum