• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago to Madrid Trains in October?

susanposton

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
I am trying to find a train back to Madrid in October. I've looked at Rome to Rio, Omio, and the Renfre train website. Is it possible that there will be no trains in October?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
No, they are not yet for sale. Keep checking every few days.
No, they are not yet for sale. Keep checking every few days.
Correct - I had a similar concern on a prior year. They don’t open tix up for sale until at earliest 45 or maybe 30 days before. You will find a ticket!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Correct - I had a similar concern on a prior year. They don’t open tix up for sale until at earliest 45 or maybe 30 days before. You will find a ticket!
That has been my experience, as well. The fastest, direct train offered each day seems to sell out fast, so check often.

I am trying to find a train back to Madrid in October. I've looked at Rome to Rio, Omio, and the Renfre train website. Is it possible that there will be no trains in October?
Hi, I’ve booked my ticket to Madrid with Ninja rail. They take the booking and then buy the ticket when they become available. I’m new so there might be others who could comment.

Hi, I’ve booked my ticket to Madrid with Ninja rail. They take the booking and then buy the ticket when they become available. I’m new so there might be others who could comment.
Sounds like an interesting, potential option. Did you have to pay ahead or is Ninja more a "watch" service?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
08Oct
05:40
3 h 5 m
08:45
Santiago de Compostela stationChamartin
Train with 1 change
Train #09051|04054
Avant
$103 for 1 passengerfrom $103
Select Seats

08Oct
07:06
3 h 26 m
10:32
Express train
Train #04664
AVLO
$83 for 1 passengerfrom $83
Select Seats

08Oct
07:40
3 h 54 m
11:34
High-speed train
Train #04064
Alvia
$115 for 1 passengerfrom $115
Select Seats

08Oct
10:34
3 h
13:34
Bullet train
Train #04454
AVE
$143 for 1 passengerfrom $143
Select Seats

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you!

It will be good hear your experience. Another pilgrim used them a while back with a poor outcome. Let us know how it goes.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum