• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago de Compostela to Sarria

Muireann

Time of past OR future Camino
I’m planning to do the Camino, 30/8/2024
Hello all. I’ve just joined the group. I am travelling from Dublin and arriving in Santiago de Compostela at 16.50, 30/8/24. I want to go to Sarria to start my journey! Is there anyone willing to share a taxi! Or what advice could you give for public transport? I’m going solo.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Least hassle given your landing time would be to find some accommodation close to the intermodal (bus) station in Santiago and catch the direct bus to Sarria the following day. You may find others on your flight or milling about the airport who would be willing to share a taxi but no guarantee.
There buses to Lugo from the airport at 17:15, 18:45 and 20:15. You may be able to pick up a connection to Sarria or a less expensive taxi from there.

Yes there is a bus, I think at circa 7:30pm that goes from Lugo to Sarria, so if you took the bus to Lugo you could make that connection. I think it is Empresa bus from Lugo,but check on Rome2Rio.com

However, I agree with Tincatinker! Why not get an albergue in SdC for the evening and take the bus directly the next day. Give your body a chance to recover before you start walking.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Muirann, I'm arriving a bit after you, at 17.40 , also going to Sarria. Already reserved a taxi (18.15) and willing to share, if you're willing to wait

Hi Muirann, I'm arriving a bit after you, at 17.40 , also going to Sarria. Already reserved a taxi (18.15) and willing to share, if you're willing to wait
Hi Patrick, I’m happy to share a taxi with you! How much does it cost? Muireánn

Ah Muireánn, sorry I read you’re date wrong, thought it was 30/7, when I also arrived. Unfortunately I’m already walking now. Loving it BTW. I took Taxi Galicia, can recommend it and you can share a taxibus with more people also. Buen Camino !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
No worries Patrick! I hope all is going well for you! Bueno Camino!
Will you give me an idea of how much the taxi cost?

thanks Patrick!
I’m looking for people to share a taxi with me. I arrive in Santiago de Compestela on Friday 30th August @17.40. I want to go to Sarria and start my journey back to Santiago de Compestela the next morning.
Bueno Camino
Muireánn

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum