• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles,

JonnyRosa

Time of past OR future Camino
oct 2024
Moderator note: The question was asked in another thread about a 7 pm bus from Pamplona in October 2024.

Is there? Could you please post a link to the schedule? I would love to use this bus in the future
I got it in a search in GoogleMaps :
Today it only points to 6:00pm option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
There is a bus at 7:00 pm from Pamplona to Roncesvalles.
Is there? Could you please post a link to the schedule? I would love to use this bus in the future
You don't want Google's route. In Rome2rio I used the start point of Pamplona and the destination was Google's intermediate location of Jaurrieta. There is only one bus a week to Oronz and then you have to taxi the rest of the way to Jaurrieta. I assume it would mean that you need a taxi to Roncesvalles also.

6 pm sounds fine for me as well! Thanks!

You don't want Google's route. In Rome2rio I used the start point of Pamplona and the destination was Google's intermediate location of Jaurrieta. There is only one bus a week to Oronz and then you have to taxi the rest of the way to Jaurrieta. I assume it would mean that you need a taxi to Roncesvalles also.

Thanks! Next time I'm in Pamplona I'll do some fact-checking. I don't want to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Check ALSA bus line (ALSA.es) .. they used to (in 2018) offer 3 bus trips daily from Pamplona to SJPDP... up to a certain point in the year (Sept. or so ) then sched/frequency may have changed. You can buy tickets online (and make changes thereafter) .. Bus is about 2 hours in length.

Bus Pamplona to Saint Jean Pied de Port
3 buses daily :.
10 :00 > 11 :45
14 :30 > 16 :15
17 :30 > 19 :15

Check ALSA bus line (ALSA.es) .. they used to (in 2018) offer 3 bus trips daily from Pamplona to SJPDP... up to a certain point in the year
ALSA/Conda used to have up to five buses a day going to SJPdP depending on the season but sometime during the pandemic it was cut to just one trip per day for the entire season. Currently the bus leaves Pamplona at 12:00 and arrives in SJPdP at 13:45. @JonnyRosa is/was going to take this bus and start walking on arrival in SJPdP.

ALSA/Conda used to have up to five buses a day going to SJPdP depending on the season but sometime during the pandemic it was cut to just one trip per day for the entire season

I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to the buses to Roncesvalles. Nowadays there is only one a day Monday to Saturday and none on Sunday.

www.autocaresartieda.com

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
You did not click on the link for “Bus 1h 10”, did you? Because then you would have seen that Google Map says “We don’t have the most recent timetables for this area”. In 2024, there is no bus company with a bus that leaves Pamplona at 7pm or 6 pm for Roncesvalles. Not today and not on the 1st or 2nd of October. The link to Google Maps is useless. You need the links to actual timetables and actual bus companies who have a licence for the line Pamplona-Roncesvalles. Their names are Alsa and Artieda.

1726523186001.jpeg

You need the links to actual timetables and actual bus companies who have a licence for the line Pamplona-Roncesvalles. Their names are Alsa and Artieda.
And actually ALSA doesn't have that licence, it legally cannot pick up a passenger in Spain and drop them off in Spain nor sell a Spain-Spain ticket. You would have to buy a Pamplona-SJPdP ticket, travel with your pack with you (not stored below) and hope the driver stops in Roncesvalles to pick up passengers. You may as well wait an hour or so and go via Autocares Artieda.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just called ALSA and reached a special agreement with the company. As a result, on the following dates: October 14, 15, 16 and 17, the Alsa bus to SJPP will leave Pamplona 2 hours earlier than usual.
www.alsa.es
And when you called 😶, did you also ask whether there would be an ALSA bus from Pamplona to SJPP on October 18? And if not, when will the seasonal ALSA bus service from Pamplona to SJPP start again in March 2025 or April 2025?

The answer to that question would be useful for those who plan a Camino from SJPP when the new pilgrimage season starts in 2025.

I am sorry, I must have been a bit intoxicated when I accessed the forum last night.
I don't think I called ALSA or anyone else. I just accidentally noticed that the last four days of the season, before Alsa suspends its service from Pamplona to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port (on October the 18th), the bus will leave at 10 am and not at 12 noon as it usually does. But I didn't do it. Sorry for fooling around again.

Most read last week in this forum

So annoying! I booked the train in June ready for travelling tomorrow and I got this message yesterday. It seems the 15:20 train I was booked on from Bayonne to SJDP tomorrow has been cancelled. I...
Unfortunately I’ve become too ill to continue—I have a flight from Madrid on Sept 19. Can anyone suggest a safe and quiet hotel in Madrid for tonight and tomorrow? I’m so sad I can’t Go on. I’ll...
Hi everyone. I’m flying back to Chicago from Madrid after walking the CF in late November. I’ll be taking a cab to a hotel near CDG airport to fly out next day. It appears to be a long distance...
Hey everyone, this is just a heads-up that I'll be heading to Camino in the first week of October. My flight from the US to Madrid will arrive at 7:20 p.m. The last trip to Sarria is at 8:23 p.m...
Hello, I am new here. My husband and I plan to walk the Camino in Spring of 2025. In preparation of this I have been researching and reading. I came across a map which was interactive. It showed...
Hey veteran pilgrims - of which I am one - is it common in mid October for all fast trains from Madrid to Leon to be “sold out” six weeks out from travel? It’s been 10 years since I have done a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back