• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Safety of walking alone?

heidi

Happy hikers,
I'm planning to walk the Camino from the beginning of October for about 4-5 weeks and am looking for a walking side-kick.
My husband is not terribly interested in doing this "stroll" and I am fairly flexible on the exact start date in Roncesvalles.
I am 54, fit and backpack in our California mountains each season. The longest hike I've done is 170 miles in 10 days~~~~rather quick due to my husband's speed but no problem for me to keep up.
Please e me if you might also want a safe and dependable partner.
Mountain hi's, Heidi

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Heidi,

Hope you will find a partner at this site
If not... don't worry, I'm sure you will meet a lot of people along the way. My experience is that everybody looks after each other :wink:

Heidi:
Shamanca is right, you'll meet many fellow pilgrims on day one, without any effort. They are so conspicuous and always easy to talk to. In October, you can expect there'll be around twenty going through Roncesvalles every day.

My wife and I are your age. We'll be coming through Roncesvalles on October 4, and will go as far as Logrono this time. (We did Logrono to Burgos some other year.) We'll watch out for you.

Kerryman

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum