Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ride share From Pamplona to SJPdP on Sunday, June 30, 2024

For those interested in sharing a ride to get to your starting point or any other location along the Camino.

ALee

Time of past OR future Camino
June 30 to July 6
Hi,
I am from NY and I am arriving in Pamplona on Sunday, June 30, 2024 on the 13:46 train from Madrid. I am looking to share a taxi to SJPP. I understand that the only bus leaves at 12 pm and the taxi fare alone is quite expensive. Any other cheaper options of getting to SJPP? Or is anyone interested in sharing a taxi?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hello and welcome to the Forum
Hi,
Any other cheaper options of getting to SJPP? Or is anyone interested in sharing a taxi?
those two do not have to be mutually exclusive (if you DO find some folks to share the ride, that is).
Aside my joke - sorry cannot help you much as I would like to as my way to get to SJ goes through Paris...
that said - perhaps stay overnight in Pamplona and catch the noon bus the next day?

Good luck and Buen Camino

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Some folks will tell you not to start your hike on the weekend. To me, any day of the week is as good as any to arrive into SJPdP. I would not dream of doing so without a reservation (so it matters not to me what day and\or time of the day it is) and as I said - I go through Paris where I spend the night prior to (again no rush to 'get somewhere ASAP' esp flying from US); which is why I suggested taking it easy on your 'big' travel day and unwind in Pamplona and take that bus next day if possible (1 private room in albergue will probably still be cheaper than a taxi ride if you do not find someone to share the cost) ... and you're fresh and rested...

I am planning to start my hike on Monday afternoon to Orisson only. I have reservations for Sunday night at SJPP. and Monday night at Borda. I guess staying in Pamplona might be cheaper than the taxi fare. Thanks

Hi,
I am from NY and I am arriving in Pamplona on Sunday, June 30, 2024 on the 13:46 train from Madrid. I am looking to share a taxi to SJPP. I understand that the only bus leaves at 12 pm and the taxi fare alone is quite expensive. Any other cheaper options of getting to SJPP? Or is anyone interested in sharing a taxi
That seems like a very long way to go via Taxi.. did you fully research all options ? There are ride shares available but I dont know if you speak Spanish ? Often times the couriers who run the bags from all the legs town to town will take you as a paying passenger for alot cheaper. I would contact them, probably look at trying to catch a ride with them from Pamplona to the nearest border town I think is Roncesvalles and then from there try to get the French one back over to SJPP.... but you may end up having to spend a night in Pamplona to match up with their schedule... But it would be wayyyyy cheaper... Also remember they are doing you the favor... so be generous.. buy them lunch or drink you know.. it goes a long way... Good Luck

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi,
I am from NY and I am arriving in Pamplona on Sunday, June 30, 2024 on the 13:46 train from Madrid. I am looking to share a taxi to SJPP. I understand that the only bus leaves at 12 pm and the taxi fare alone is quite expensive. Any other cheaper options of getting to SJPP? Or is anyone interested in sharing a taxi?

Check the "Taxi peregrino" https://taxipamplona.com/en/the-way/. They may help you to share their taxi.
Good luck

Daniel

Most read last week in this forum

Hi- I will be finishing up the Via Podiensis in a few days and then starting on the Frances from SJPDP. Is there any reason for me to visit the pilgrim office (and probably wait on a long line)...
I am an Old School Pilgrim, too set in my ways, I can understand and accept the Cell Phone priorities sweeping today's Pilgrim community back in the good old bad days coin-fed albergue computers...
I arrived on the Francés yesterday in Estella. Stayed in the Albergue Curtadores on the entry to town. Few pilgrims for a big albergue. And tonight I’m by myself at the one-of-a-kind Casa Tiago in...
I passed through Nájera today. To quote John Lennon, “ I just had to look”. As you probably know, the red sandstone cliffs run right alongside the houses. Definitely unusual. These red beds...
i did the French way a couple of years ago from Roncesvalles, right after covid. i’m elderly and very slow. i would like to return in 2025, to do it again while my body may still let me. last...
Hello from Roncesvalles! My husband and I made it safely through the fog to the monastery from Borda this morning. Now looking forward to our next accommodations. Please note: There are lots of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back