• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reusing AlertCops App

CarolamS

Time of past OR future Camino
2024 VdlP/Sanabres from Salamanca to SdC
I downloaded the AlertCops app onto my phone last year. Will it still work automatically this year or do I need to do something to update it?
Thanks.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Prompted by your post - I thought I’d check mine and - guess what - it’s not working. It’s failing to detect a functioning internet connection. I suspect the problem’s at my end. If you can open the app, it should be fine.

Edit: I had to delete and reinstall and use my VPN to locate myself in Spain. It’s working now.

Last edited:
I will have a few days in Spain before I start walking so I'll take a look then. Thank you.

Interesting, I thought I'd check mine too. The app fails to load and tells my it needs an internet connection. This is despite having 5g and wifi at home.

I reinstalled the app, but still struggling to get a connection

Will keep trying as I'm in Spain from Wednesday

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
I think you need to be in Spain for it to work. Possibly to prevent alerts from outside the jurisdiction of the Spanish Police.

UK emergency services get a location from your phone when you call them. I'd expect the same in most countries.

think you need to be in Spain for it to work. Possibly to prevent alerts from outside the jurisdiction of the Spanish Police.
Possibly, or perhaps just within Europe. Mine self updates periodically (I receive a message) and I'm in Germany.

Edited to add: Yes it definitely receives a location the moment you message or call them, it says as much on the info in the app.

Most read last week in this forum