• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Restaurants on Portugués Central Camino

Yopita

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello, I will be walking the Camino Portugués Central. I am looking for recommendations of nice places to eat good food (Michelin stars?)
Thank you for your help!

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
It's not a Michelin star restaurant but i ate there in April 2023, I hope it has not changed.

At Albergaria a nova, after Agueda, called Ha Leiteo. It's a small restaurant with a local feel. The host's mother was the cook, and a friendly host he was too. When we walked in there on a rainy afternoon, were welcomed by a roaring fireplace and an enticing smell of pork.

We opted for the lunch meal of pork.
The meal offered was a drink/spirit, olives, bread and a homemade vege soup, followed by a generous serving of rice with a pork and bean stew. All ended with a vanilla pudding topped with a crumbed topping, and coffee, of course.
So much food, oh so tasty, and only 12 euro!!
Definitely worth being a bit more adventurous and starting before Porto.
Traditional homestyle portuguese food at its best.

A special experience for me, a big thanks to the aussie couple i was walking with, who suggested we go inside.

So be prepared to try out restaurants in the smaller towns, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I found a more recent review on facebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240728_182120_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240728_182120_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Or if you want to be a bit posh, I did a quick google search and found an interesting website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240728_205919_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240728_205919_Google.jpg
    585.2 KB · Views: 21
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Take a look at Bistro Vigor in Barcelos…….terrific !

Hello, I will be walking the Camino Portugués Central. I am looking for recommendations of nice places to eat good food (Michelin stars?)
Thank you for your help!
Not Michelin, but Ultramar in Pontevedra delivers.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thank you for your help!

Padron. Bit out of the centre but still doable.

Restaurante O Pazo.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
It's not a Michelin star restaurant but i ate there in April 2023, I hope it has not changed.

At Albergaria a nova, after Agueda, called Ha Leiteo. It's a small restaurant with a local feel. The host's mother was the cook, and a friendly host he was too. When we walked in there on a rainy afternoon, were welcomed by a roaring fireplace and an enticing smell of pork.

We opted for the lunch meal of pork.
The meal offered was a drink/spirit, olives, bread and a homemade vege soup, followed by a generous serving of rice with a pork and bean stew. All ended with a vanilla pudding topped with a crumbed topping, and coffee, of course.
So much food, oh so tasty, and only 12 euro!!
Definitely worth being a bit more adventurous and starting before Porto.
Traditional homestyle portuguese food at its best.

A special experience for me, a big thanks to the aussie couple i was walking with, who suggested we go inside.

So be prepared to try out restaurants in the smaller towns, you may be pleasantly surprised.

I found a more recent review on facebook
Thank you. I have read about this place before. Unfortunately I will start walking from Porto.

Thank you. I have read about this place before. Unfortunately I will start walking from Porto.
Just had to point out that restaurant because you did say central route, which does start from Lisbon..
But I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in Portugal, and may find your way back there, to discover more of the camino paths.

Whatever path you do choose, enjoy discovering the local food culture along the way..
And if you want to try authentic home style Portugese cooking, consider staying at casa fernadas, .

Last edited:
Just had to point out that restaurant because you did say central route, which does start from Lisbon..
But I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in Portugal, and may find your way back there, to discover more of the camino paths.

Whatever path you do choose, enjoy discovering the local food culture along the way..
And if you want to try authentic home style Portugese cooking, consider staying at casa fernadas, .

Yes! We will be staying there. Again thank you for taking your time to respond.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I'm starting the camino on sept. 27 in Leon. I'm a bit apprehensive to start the journey alone. Are any other ladies going to be starting then also and want to walk that first leg? OR, are there...
Hello all, Been reading all your very valuable posts and advice for a few weeks now in anticipation of starting tomorrow! Can only get a portion of Francés done on this trip (probably as far as...
Hi. I'm starting at SJPDP on Thursday 12 September. Quite nervous as the weather has been rainy and misty and my biggest concern is spotting the signs.
Hi Pilgrims! I am planning on starting the Camino Frances between Oct 10-13 and I was hoping to get input about a couple specifics: What's the weather trend for this year? Am I a fool to not...
Hi everyone - so glad to find this forum. have 4 weeks approx and intend on taking the walk handy enough!! to Santiago, onwards to Finisterre and Muxia. looking forward to it, and meeting some...
September 19, @FallCamino2024, (SJPdP) ✅

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back