This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Research survey on the Camino + my Camino reloaded

PerlaDelCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 2018
Chemin Le Puy /Via Podiensis 2019
Greetings all,

I am a recent pilgrim on the Camino Francès (2018) and digital cultural heritage scholar at the University of Northumbria, UK (perla.innocenti@northumbria.ac.uk; https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/about-us/our-staff/i/perla-innocenti/). This forum helped to prepare for my trip, thank you for sharing your experiences!

I am currently researching how Camino pilgrims record, curate, and share their journeys in a digital world.

While walking the Camino (Leon-Santiago, then Finisterre-Muxia) I interviewed many pilgrims; now I would like to extend the research with this short online survey: https://northumbria.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/how-camino-pilgrims-record-curate-and-share-their-journey . Your contributions are very welcome.

For the record: I just came back from the Camino, but this experience meant so much for me at a personal level that I have decided to go back next week, this time starting from St Jean. Some of you may meet me along the Way - just look out for my red Bestard shoes and Osprey Talon 33 grey pack

Buen Camino!
Perla

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you have not done so contact: worldtowning.com. A family of four, (ma, pa, girl 13, boy 10), currently walking camino. They may help as well.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Join Camino Cleanup: Logroño to Burgos May 2025 and Astorga to O'Cebreiro in June.

I've completed the survey. This is a really interesting angle - different from the usual focus of camino-related research. A fascinating area of research and from reading your university profile it sounds as though you have done some really interesting work. I hope you get a good response to your survey.

And Buen Camino for next week!

Most read last week in this forum