Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendations for places to stay between Sarria and Lavacolla?

Zoe7

Time of past OR future Camino
First hopefully this coming fall
Are there recommendations of places to stay between Lavacolla and Sarria? Also, if I make the detour to Samos but don’t stay there overnight, are there any places to stay before Sarria? Thank you

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Are you using any sort of guide book or app for planning?

I am a bit confused. You asked about places to stay between "Lavacolle" and Sarria. Do you really mean Lavacolla which is near the Santiago airport? In that case, you would be going backwards, to Sarria. It is about a 4 or 5-day walk, so there are many places to stay. Again, a guide book or app will help.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
This site will serve you well - you'll find plenty of accommodations on it and also distances between places.
If you want to stop before Sarria, you will see there are albergues in Triacastela and Lusio - and there are plenty after O Cebreiro and before Triacastela. Albergue-Pension A Reboleira in Fonfria is especially nice.
And just after Sarria is Albergue-Pension Casa Barbadelo which is also particularly good, with a lovely pool.
Albergue-Pension Casa Morgade, Albergue O Abrigado in San Xulian, Albergue El Aleman in Boente are others that I would personally vouch for. That is not to say these are the only nice albergues though!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Again,you are asking umerous questions on various threads and it is difficult to follow-up.

Do you want to stay in private or share rooms in a dorm with others in a bunk bed?
On another site you are asking about whether you need a sleeping bag. If you stay in a private room there will be blankets, If you stay in a dorm bunk-bed setting,yes, br8ng a sleeping quilt or seasonal sleeping bag.

It might be better to stick with one thread so it doesn’t get so confusing.

If you make the detour to Samos, I would recommend Casa Forte de Lusio albergue between Triacastela and Samos. It is dorm-style accommodations but when my daughter and I stayed there in May this year we had a room to ourselves. It is in a recently restored 18th century manor house now serving as a Xunta albergue. The hospitalera was outstanding. There is not much else there, but a km down the road is a restaurant.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I can’t believe I’m just starting my 4th week on the Camino! Frómista to Carrión de los Condes, 12.5 miles, 20.11 Km. A rather uneventful day, which I don’t mind after yesterday’s intense day...
Hello all, I'm planing a 10-14 day walk from SJPP to .. as far as I get. Will be walking a slower pace (about 8 miles) and plan to cross from SJPP to Roncevalles in 2 days. Once leaving...
Hi, I’ve walked four Caminos in the past and hope to do another in June next year, though my arthritis might have another opinion… We all walk our own Camino our own way… I’ve still got the...
It's almost there thankfully the big walk begins tomorrow, raining all day according to the forecast. Trying to get a few hours sleep tonight and a good breakfast in the morning. I've done all my...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back